If you don’t enjoy competitive sports how about taking a more relaxed approach and raising funds for the Ectopic Pregnancy Trust with the Big Fun Run?
This is an exciting programme of 5km fun runs staged across the UK. There are 14 locations to choose from all set in interesting locations such as scenic parks, so hopefully there is somewhere near to you. Not only will you be taking part of in a fun event but you’ll be helping hundreds of women to overcome the emotional and physical distress of an ectopic pregnancy.
Around one in 80 pregnancies is ectopic; a life-threatening condition where a pregnancy develops outside the womb and sadly the baby cannot survive. It’s a traumatic experience, which often involves invasive surgery and sadly claims the lives of around five women every year.
Established 10 years ago, the EPT is committed to raising awareness of the symptoms of ectopic pregnancy and it provides information, comfort and support for those affected by it in the form of a help line and a website, which receives 50,000 visits a month.
Every penny you raise will help – here’s an idea of how…
• £5 will enable us to send out seven leaflets to seven people and provide them with valuable information.
• £15 will enable us to operate our Helpline service for one hour
• £100 will help us to run our website for a week
In return we’ll…
• kit you out with a T-shirt
• provide you with a fund-raising pack.
• Offer you contact with other members of the team through our email forum
Whether ectopic pregnancy has touched your life, that of someone you love, or you just want to raise money for a good cause, we thank you for taking on this challenge and choosing EPT. Good luck!