The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust would like to invite you to a conference on the Management of Early Pregnancy Complications. Join us at this limited place training event.
Date: 24th April 2009, 9am – 5pm.
Venue: The Royal Society, 6-9 Carlton House Terrace, London. SW1Y 5AG
Format: Workshop based with case studies and discussion.
Target: Doctors, nurses and radiographers working in an early pregnancy unit.
This is a workshop-based symposium tailored to the needs of nurses, doctors and radiographers all working in the field of early pregnancy medicine.
The workshop and discussion based sessions will give participants the opportunity to explore current best practice and widen the opportunity to develop own practice.
Places are limited and application for places and reservation is by post only.
Closing date for applications 31st January 2009.
Brief overview of the day
- Day opens 9am for 09.30am
- Counselling women facing pregnancy loss TBC
- Ultrasound and the diagnosis of ectopic pregnancy: Jackie Ross, BSc., MBBS, MRCOG
King’s College Hospital, London
- Managing pregnancies of unknown location (PUL): Dr. Emma Kirk, BSc., MBBS,
The Whittington Hospital, London
- Treating ectopic pregnancy: Emeka Okaro (TBC), BSc, MBBS, MROCG
Barts and the London Hospital
- Embryonic growth, the diagnosis and management of miscarriage: Cecilia Bottomley, BSc., MRCOG St. George’s Hospital, London
- Other pelvic findings duringscanning – ovarian pathology: Tom Bourne, Ph.D, FRCOG.Imperial College, London
- When and how to investigate and treat recurrent miscarriage: Roy Farquharson, MD, FROCG. Liverpool Women’s Hospital
- Day closes after tea and networking at 5pm