By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Worried About Internal Scan - Please Help x

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
upanddown

Worried About Internal Scan - Please Help x

Post by upanddown »

Hi All

I am currently 6 weeks 4 days pregnant following a history of ectopic pregnancy and miscarriage. I have had no bleeding to date which I know is a positive sign.

I am due to have an internal intravaginal scan on monday 6+6 to check the viability of my pregnancy but I am terrified that this is going to make be bleed and cause miscarage. I know this sounds very irrational but I'm so very anxious

Will a heartbeat be seen at 6+6

Any reassurance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you xx

Charlottex85

Re: Worried About Internal Scan - Please Help x

Post by Charlottex85 »

Hi congratulations on your pregnancy. I'm the same as you well 6+2! I've just had an internal yesterday and baby is in uterus and they found a heartbeat. Never been so relieved! Keep positive and let me know how it goes. It's such a nerve wracking time xxx

upanddown

Post by upanddown »

Thank you Charlotte, big congratulations to you too :-) Was it an internal scan you had? Did the scan hurt and did you bleed? I know I need to have it done to ensure the pregnancy is not ectopic but I'm terrifed it's going to cause bleeding and pregnancy loss as really don't think I could go through that again :roll:

It's lovely news that could detect a heartbeat at your scan it must be a massive weight off your shoulders.

Big hugs
Marie xx

Sasha1983

Post by Sasha1983 »

Hi, I have just returned from hospital after having my right tube & ectopic pregnancy removed. I had to have an internal scan when I was already in so much pain & I didn't find the internal scan sore at all. It was at most uncomfortable some ways it was being moved but he was very gentle. I like you was very worried about it but it's nothing to worry about. I really hope everything goes ok for you.xx

Charlottex85

Post by Charlottex85 »

Hi Marie. Yes I also had to get an internal to rule out it wasn't another ectopic as it is too small to see with a normal ultrasound so had to do internal! Didn't hurt at all and no bleeding just a weird feeling. Oh such a relief knowing it was in the right place! When do you go? X

upanddown

Post by upanddown »

So sorry for your loss Sasha :-( the pain and grief you are feeling now will be unbearable but it will get better with time. My ectopic was 7 years ago and the anxiety is still with me now. If I can help you just ask :-) xxx

Hi Charlotte,

Thank you for your reassurance, my scan is tomorrow morning. I'll be 6+6 so praying it is in the right place and a heartbeat can be seen then hopefully I can relax a bit xxx

Charlottex85

Post by Charlottex85 »

Sending lots of positive thoughts! Let me know how it goes xxx

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear upanddown,
Whispered congratulations on your pregnancy.
I can completely understand your concerns, I personally didn't relax until after the six week scan.
The scan is performed at this time as there is a reasonable chance of seeing an embryo.
Personally I found the scan uncomfortable but not overly painful and did not experience any bleeding. In my experience, the practitioners who perform the scans are extremely professional and if you mention your concerns prior to your scan I'm sure they will reassure you.
Sending much love and positive thoughts for tomorrow,
Karen x

**********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
**********************************************************************************************

upanddown

Post by upanddown »

Thank you all for your reassure. The scan went great, the pregnancy is in the corrrect place this time, saw the little baby in the womb and a strong heartbeat. So relieved x

Charlottex85

Post by Charlottex85 »

That's fantastic news Marie. So pleased for you xx

Dubnat

Post by Dubnat »

I'm so happy for you! What fantastic news. xxx

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

So pleased for you Marie,
Sending much love,
Karen x

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.