By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Second dose of methotrexate

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Bookworm

Second dose of methotrexate

Post by Bookworm »

Hi all,

I posted last week after my first dose of methotrexate but sadly my levels have continued to increase (1670 when given the first injection and now 3700) and yesterday I was given a second dose of methotrexate. I’ve been told that if my levels haven’t dropped by Friday I’m going to have to have the surgery. Im feeling upset and angry and wishing I just had the surgery to begin with as i would now be 2 weeks into recovery.

I guess my question is has anyone had their levels increase after the first injection and then found they did come down after the second? Any advice to put my mind at ease would be really appreciated.

EPT Host 20

Re: Second dose of methotrexate

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Bookworm,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and continued worries.
Unfortunately I do not have statistics for how many women are successfully treatment after a second dose of methotrexate but we do hear from many women who are and do not need to have surgery.
It is good that you are being monitored closely and I will keep everything crossed and send positive thoughts that this dose works for you.
We will be here for you for as long as you need,
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

MSKC

Post by MSKC »

Dear Bookworm,

I haven’t posted my full story on here yet but will when my levels have reached 0.

I had my 2nd injection 3 weeks ago and am currently awaiting my hcg result that I had today. But take comfort in knowing that my numbers have been dropping appropriately. I pray that it is working for you as well. 🙏🏻❤️

MSKC

Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Thank you both my results have dropped now by 3.8% so not enough so I’m waiting to hear from the registrar about what they want to do next :(