By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Heart is broken...

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Nicola1720

Re: Heart is broken...

Post by Nicola1720 »

Hi Toni,

Thinking of you today and hope it all goes well for you! Keep my updated. It's not long now, I know she is going to be here soon.

It's nice you can talk about having another one, I understand you want to enjoy this baby though and let yourself get back to normal before you start thinking about another baby. I think a two year age gap is nice so I think when I have a baby we will wait a year and then try again as you don't know how long it will take and what could happen.

I've heard quite a few people say you are fertile after pregnancy, and they say the same after a miscarriage but we will see.

Really hope today goes ok and you can have it later in the hope she might come this morning. Xx

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Hey Nicola,

Thank you ;) I rang hospital 7.30 & was asked to go in 9.30am... so I did n they had me on a monitor for half hour to hear baby heart beat was fine.

While I was on monitor they said I was having contractions every ten minutes which hurt my tummy n groin n back but some I couldn't feel.

Midwife said she would do sweep to check my cervix n see if she could break my waters n not need to do induction.

I was panicky so she gave me gas n air to help relax me as she tried to do sweep but she couldn't as my cervix was too high n she pulled it down a bit which she said would be more painful then sweep. It really hurt n I was squeezing my bf hand n my hands were sweating n then she said she couldn't break my waters coz I was 1 cm dilated.
So she put a tablet up me with a tampon thing to induce me.

Afterwards my legs was shaking n I was sore n glad it was over.
Midwife was rea nice n reassuring.

I was kept on monitor for another hour n baby hrartbeat was good n I kept gey contractions every 10 minutes.

She sent me home n said I should nr in labour at home is better for me than on a ward w lots a pregnant women.

If I start to get contractions say 3/4 evdr 10 minutes I should ring hospital n bo back n hopefully have baby very soon n if my waters break I should remove tampon thing she put behind my cervix.

If I don't go into proper labour I should go back to hospital n they will try induce me with another tablet n il be high risk then.

Apparently being induced doesn't always work or can take 24 hrs or can happen quick.

If I go back with regular intense contractions I can have water birth wen im over 5 cm dilated. But if I need second tablet to induce me then I won't be able to have a water birth.

Midwife thinks I shouldn't need c section that one about 90% il need one.

So im at home still getting contractions. . Was one every ten minutes but I think iv just had 3 in ten minutes. Wen I get them I get pain n tightening in tummy n pain in groin n cramp in legs n back really hurts like bad period pain.

Iv taken paracetamol n got hot water bottle n want to sleep but I can't.

Yeah I agree with u two year gap is good gap for having kids. No way id want to have another wen my baby is younger than age 1.

I want my body back n to enjoy my daughter first. Ur right u don't know how long it will take.

Yeah iv heard ur more fertile after a pregnancy n miscarriage is why after I give birth I definitely want to use protection for while.

I hope u are ok ;)

I definitely think iv had about 3 contractions in ten minutes for past twenty minutes so I can't sleep.

Im guna start timing them n I think run a bath x x x

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Wow Toni. So exciting, she's nearly here or may be here now I'm writing this. I really hope so. It's good the midwife is pretty sure you won't need the C section. I hope the labour goes well and it isn't as bad as they make it out to be.

Don't think about baby no.2 yet, just enjoy this precious little rainbow baby. I'll be thinking if you and if i don't hear from you for a while I know you're enjoying your new little girl. Xx

Butterfly1

Post by Butterfly1 »

Good Luck PP!! Thinking of you !!!

Hope you are ok Nicola.

xx

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Hope all goes well Toni and you haven't had to have c section.

Butterfly1 - is really good thank you and we are trying again so feeling optimistic and positive. How's things with you? Xx

Butterfly1

Post by Butterfly1 »

That is great to read Nicola. Hopefully we will be reading some great news from you soon. Sending baby dust your way :wink:

I am ok thank you. Just trying to get to Wednesday for the scan which has me worried and anxious so will be glad when it is over.

Hopefully PP is at home cuddling her precious daughter.

Take care xx

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Ahh well I'll be thinking of you on Wednesday and hoping it all goes well which I'm sure it will.

Am hoping PP is ok and just enjoying her new daughter to much to be on here. She will catch up with us when she has time :D

Let me know how Wednesday goes. Xx

Butterfly1

Post by Butterfly1 »

Will do ;) x

Butterfly1

Post by Butterfly1 »

Hi Nicola, Hope you are ok? When are you in your tww ?

Scan today went well. Measurements have put me two weeks ahead so due date is 13/4/17 !

I hope PP is recovering well and is spending lots of precious time cuddling and getting to know her daughter.

Please keep me posted on how you are.

take care

xx

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Oh wow Butterfly1 that's fantastic. Are you sharing the good news now? My two week wait starts tomorrow although I've had quite a bit of pain on and off the past few days and think I'm ovulating from the side of my ectopic so I'm a bit worried about that. Just hoping it's not a cyst again as I had that last time. Dreading the two week wait as I know I'll feel so happy if I am pregnant but also so scared and i kbow ill start worrying straight away.

Are you having a gender scan? Xx

Butterfly1

Post by Butterfly1 »

My fingers and toes are crossed for you Nicola. I understand how you feel. It really is an emotional rollercoaster. Just feels like one milestone after another to reach doesn't it?! I'm sorry you are having pain on your ectopic side. Fingers crossed it's not a cyst and hoping your AF doesn't show up ;)

We are having the anomaly scan but we've decided not to find out the gender (although I'm sure its a little boy!).

Please keep me posted Nicola. Take care of yourself

xx

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Thank you.

I shall keep you posted. After all the bae all the experiences I have had you would expect luck to now be in my favour. I hope so anyway.

Ahhh I can't wait to find out if you're right. Keep me updated won't you. Would love to know how things are going.

Hopefully we will hear from Princess Pink soon. Xx

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Hey Nicola & Butterfly ;) Thank u so much for ur msgs. Im so sorry I haven't been on here since Thursday wen I was induced untik now.

I went back to the hospital Thursday nite at 11pm having constant contractions.
I was kept in on Thurs coz baby's heart rate was dropping. So I was put on a hormone drip and baby monitor n half hr later baby's heart was ok.

They couldn't break my waters so i had to wait for more contractions and to be more dilated.

My waters were broken n baby had pooed in side me n labour progressed.. I was given epidural n baby's heart rate was dropping again.

Then we were rushed to theatre coz baby's head was being squashed by contractios n I was sometimes getting double contractions.

I threw up lying down in theatre all.over my bf n myself.

My legs were up on stirips... I was cut & 3 pushes later baby was born.
Arielle,Chloe, Ann, Tunnah born Saturday 15th October and weight 6.15 lb.

I got temperature n infection in labour so had to stay in hospital two days after birth until Monday night.

I lost alot of blood so am now low on iron n had to have iron through a drip put in my hand n I have to go back for another one on Tuesday.

Its a shock having a baby girl but a good one. So im home now n been on 2x antibiotics n painkillers as im so sore n had stitches so have to see doctor 6 wks after birth for check up n for baby too.

Im so sore but I know I need more time to heal.

Baby is healthy n well n content mainly n eats n sleeps well.

Butterfly congratulations... how exciting news for u.

Nicola I know the two weeks wait is so hard I really hope ur healthy pregnannt right now ;)

How are u Nicola?? I hope ur well.

As for ectopic u have had... wen I was first pregnant with my current baby I too would get pains on my suspected ectopic side n I realise now the pains were normal.& just the uterus n every thing stretching.

So I really hope all is well with u.

How are u feeling now ? Im crossing my fingers for u. X x x

Butterfly make sure u take care off u self n i pray for u. Sending love to u Nicola n im sending u lotsa baby dust.

I'm sending u healthy positive vibes n a healthy pregnancy to u butterfly.

Im half asleep writing this....nodding off. . I am sending u both hugs n hope u are ok.

I am really feeling greatful n proud to have my baby girl finally ;) and I can't wait for the day u both will have ur healthy babies too.

Iv been home since Mon night n it feels all like a dream. Sending love to u Nicola n Butterfly x x x

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

I forgot to say Arielle was born at 12.03am so she just made it on the Saturday 15th. I can't believe she was 2 wks exactly late n that is only coz I was induced. She is so lovely though n so strong n has put on 2 lbs since birth so she is now 7.1lb.

Its 2 yrs since I had my first preg loss by miscarriage today is sad but im hoping cuddles with my baby girl will help me not be too sad today. X x x

Butterfly1

Post by Butterfly1 »

Huge congratulations PP !!! :D Lovely to hear from you. :D

It sounds like your labour and delivery was quite traumatic but it must be amazing to now have your precious, healthy, rainbow baby in your arms. Such a beautiful name too!! I hope the antibiotics have well and truly kicked in and I hope you are starting to feel better and that you are on the road to recovery.

Your daughter sounds like she is doing incredibly well - well done you!!

I am sorry today is a sad day for you (the edd for my ectopic is next week) but I hope having your precious daughter in your arms will give you some strength and comfort.

Take care PP and make sure you drink plenty and rest as much as you can :wink: xxx

Nicola- I hope you are ok and that the pains have started to settle xx

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Hi Toni,

So happy to hear from you and congratulations on the arrival of Arielle. I know you really didn't want the C section but sounds as though they did what they needed to do so that you and baby were safe.

As Butterfly says make sure you rest up and hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon.

Have lots of cuddles with your little girl and make sure you enjoy every second. I am so happy it's finally happened for you. How's your boyfriend feeling?!

I'm good thank you, the pain I was having must have been ovulation pain as it disappeared on Thursday and I haven't had it since which is when I should have ovulated. Not sure if the pain is a good or bad thing though as I've never noticed ovulation pains before. Now in the two week wait but trying not to think about it too much - can't live my life in two week cycles.

We went out last night for a friends birthday and went bowling and for dinner and I enjoyed a few proseccos.

I'm also starting back at my aerial hoop class next week which is so much fun and something I haven't done since June, if and when I find out I'm pregnant again then I'll stop but I've decided I can't live just waiting and hoping to be pregnant, I need to live for now.

Butterfly1 - when is your next scan? Is that the 20 week scan? Hope all goes well. How are you symptom wise now?

Take Care both.

Speak soon. Xx

Butterfly1

Post by Butterfly1 »

Nicola, I'm so glad to read your pain has settled. I too had not had ovulation pain until after my ectopic. Maybe its a sign our bodies are working a little harder ??- I don't know.

I'm glad you had a great night out with friends last night and that you are enjoying your exercise classes again- they sound like fun!!

My next scan is 25th Nov. I am just feeling exhausted and a little nauseas but I really cant complain.

Please keep us posted and take care

xx

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Wow the 25th November - i bet that feels ages away doesn't it. Have you had many symptoms or have you been ok?

I have ovulated from the side of my ectopic so that worries me a little bit but it may not happen this month so we shall see. I will keep you both updated anyway.

Xx

Butterfly1

Post by Butterfly1 »

It really does feel like ages away!

No I have been very lucky. No real symptoms other than tiredness but I have been really busy at work so it could just be that rather than baby. I have had waves of feeling nauseas, which started at around 7/8 weeks, but if I eat something that feeling passes and it is starting to ease now. I have had no sickness and no other symptoms.

I will keep everything crossed for you Nicola :wink:

Take care xx

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

That's good Butterfly1. I'm actually hoping I have symptoms next time around as I know that will ease my worrying slightly.

I am now in the dreaded two week wait. 10 days until I can test. Not feeling very pregnant but I didn't last time. Xx