By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Worried I might be having a second ectopic

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Lizas

Worried I might be having a second ectopic

Post by Lizas »

Hi ladies,

I'm 5 weeks pregnant following a ruptured ectopic in June (left tube removed). We were trying so can't believe it happened so quickly (we waited 4 months as I also had two shots of MTX). I'm petrified it's another ectopic, had a few stabbing pains in my right side (remaining tube), nothing like last time but definitely there & general pains on both sides. I'm booked in for a scan on Tues (5 wk 3 days) but not sure they'll be able to see very much? Over the moon to be pg but very very scared about what the next few weeks might hold. Does anyone have any positive stories?

Liz xxx

Lottie67

Re: Worried I might be having a second ectopic

Post by Lottie67 »

Hi Liz,

I think some pain is normal, and remember the odds are in your favour as 90% chance it will be in the right place this time.. so try to remain calm (easier said then done- I would be exactly the same as you and worried, but that must be normal after what you've been through).

Best of luck with it, and let me know how you get on. Xx

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Liz,

Whispered congratulations on your pregnancy,
After an ectopic pregnancy, finding we are pregnant again can be a mix of emotions and I can completely understand your feeling nervous. When we fell pregnant again, felt very scared. This is perfectly normal after the ordeal you have endured. I also felt twinges and aches after my ectopic pregnancy, particularly when I next felt pregnant. My mind started racing and I was only really able to relax to some degree after my early scan. It is a nerve-wracking time and you have a friend here who understands how you are feeling.
Having said this, If you are currently feeling pain which seems unusual and is concerning you and, in particular, if you experience any bleeding or spotting, it is better to get checked out to be on the safe side. As pain is unique to each person and I have such limited information, it would be better to get professional medical assistance by someone who can examine you. Visiting the hospital would give you peace of mind and, if you explain your previous ectopic pregnancy and the pains you are experiencing now, they would be able to check your symptoms and assist you.

I am sending much love and positive thoughts,
Karen x

**********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
**********************************************************************************************

Lizas

Post by Lizas »

Hi ladies

I just thought I'd post an update following my ectopic pregnancy in June. I found these boards & advice & support from other ladies invaluable.

Well it turned out the pregnancy was in the right place and I am now 13 weeks pregnant. I wanted to share this to give others hope that it is possible to conceive again after an ectopic. We conceived first month of trying so a little bit of a miracle we thought.

Sending much love to all those in this awful & worrying situation but please remain strong & positive & you will get through this!

Xxxx

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Lizas,
Congratulations on your pregnancy, that's great news.
You are so right that sharing positive stories gives so much hope.
Wishing you all the best with your growing bump,
Sending much love,
Karen x

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.

Pinkydinkydoo142

Post by Pinkydinkydoo142 »

I’m 4 weeks and 2 days my last pregnancy ended in ectopic and removal of left tube I’m so scared as you I feel every pain worried about them all .my doctor told me they can’t to a untrasound till my beta is at 1500 praying it gets there soon so I can get a scan before I lose my last and final tube ugh it has been the hardest year aug2020 blighted ovuum Jan 1 2021 ectopic now I’m so scared and wish I could find some happiness but I don’t wanna lose my life or my baby uggg why did I put myself through this again