By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Headaches a few months on

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Katiefish

Headaches a few months on

Post by Katiefish »

Hello

I suffered an ectopic pregnancy begining of september and since then ive been getting really bad headaches on and off. Today has been the worst real bad pain behind my right eye. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced any thing similar?
Thank you

EPT Host 20

Re: Headaches a few months on

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Katiefish,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss and ongoing discomfort.
Unfortunately I am not medically trained so cannot give you specific information on your symptoms.
Headaches can appear for a variety of reasons including stress, lack of sleep, problems with our eyesight, dehydration.
I have included a page from the NHS website which may give you a little more insight into causes of headache
http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Headache/P ... ction.aspx

As this is a new symptom, I would always recommend discussing this with your doctor. It would be particularly important to discuss with you doctor if you have started any new medications recently. Especially medications such as the combined oral contraceptive pill.
I would also suggest looking at getting your eyes tested too.
Keep a diary of when you get your headache, the type of pain, how long it lasts and where you feel it. If anything relieves the pain such as paracetamol, rest, darkened rooms or if anything aggravates it such as computer work, lack of sleep, stress, bright lights. Also noting where you are in your cycle would be helpful too. All of this information informs the doctor on how best to manage your symptoms.

Sending much love,
Karen x

**********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
**********************************************************************************************

Ljackson

Post by Ljackson »

Hi there I am 2.5 weeks post op for ectopic pregnancy and starting to get bad headaches. Was just wondering if you managed to seek help for this and if there was a link to the healing process from the operation? X

sophypat84

Post by sophypat84 »

I too suffered with really bad headaches after ectopic. Im now 4 weeks post op xx

Kjm3691

Post by Kjm3691 »

I am 4 weeks post op and I am also getting headaches daily alongside dizziness I have been back and forth to doctors to get to the bottom of it. Still to discover what it is !! Hope you ladies are all well xx

brokenheart91

Post by brokenheart91 »

I also get really bad headaches right across the front of my forehead. I am ten days post op. Did you manage to find a solution?

Ljackson

Post by Ljackson »

I was told by my gp that it was probably just a tension headache. I just had lots of rest and water and that seemed to help. Some 'forehead' also really helped. That's the stuff you run across your forehead and gives you a cooling and instant relief. Also some fresh air was good. I'm 3 weeks post low and mines have eased a lot. Hope you feel better soon xxxx

emkingroberts1978

Post by emkingroberts1978 »

Hi all,
I'm new to these forums. My story is that 5 weeks ago I suffered a ruptured Fallopian tube and ectopic pregnancy. The obvious feelings of guilt and fear have been very real. But we are now getting on with life and enjoying being together again as a couple. But my body is all over the place hormonally. Since surgery pretty much daily I have a headache of some degree. Some bad and some not so bad. I've had one bleed since surgery. I'm now waiting for my periods to restart. Is this all normal? What is normal though? I'm trying not to take ibruprofen but paracetamol to help with the headaches. We are not actively trying to get pregnant yet but just enjoying being together again. Any advise would be great. Thinking of you ladies who are on a similar journey. Xx