By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Signs of pregnancy 1 week after ectopic

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Kev100681

Signs of pregnancy 1 week after ectopic

Post by Kev100681 »

Hi there, it's been 1 week since my wife had an ectopic pregnancy and had to have her right fallopian tube removed. We were 5+ weeks pregnant and itnlit our world up. The whole last week has broke our hearts and every day I feel the pain of losing what was our little bundle of dreams. It's been one week on and my wife has been admitted back into the gyn ward at hospital and they have told us that there is a sac developing in my wife's womb like a pregnancy. I'm trying not to get my hopes up as we won't know anything until next week when we have to go back to hospital

angiesmcs

Re: Signs of pregnancy 1 week after ectopic

Post by angiesmcs »

Sorry to hear of your wife's ectopic. I recently suffered my 2nd ectopic so know how you must be feeling. Have the hospital said it was a twin pregnancy?
Good luck and I really hope it works out!

Ang

Kev100681

Post by Kev100681 »

No word from the hospital about it being twins but my wife is a twin as is her dad and other members of her family. We have to wait until next week to go back up to the hospital for another scan I believe. Its hard as we dont know whether to be happy or sad as we dont know anything yet. I'm really sorry to hear of your 2nd ectopic, I'm finding it hard to deal with some days and feel even more heartbroken to see my wife so upset as well.

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear kev100681,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
The feelings you have described following an ectopic pregnancy of loss and pain are completely normal.
When we experience ectopic pregnancy we are suddenly faced with a life threatening emergency and it's treatment, reduction in fertility, concerns about the future and the loss of our baby. Experiencing any one of these is an ordeal, putting them together is immense and the thought of experiencing it again after such a short time frame is heartbreaking for you both and my heart truly goes out to you.
I am sending warm hugs you you both and very positive thoughts for your next scan and we will be here for you and your wife whatever the outcome,
Sending much love,
Karen x

Dear fgadeola,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss, when we start ttc again it is coming to experience a mix of emotions from wanting to try again to being petrified of what may lie ahead and I remember how anxious I felt about every twinge and symptom.
Some home pregnancy testing kits are not as sensitive as others and if you have pregnancy symptoms, I would suggest testing on a weekly basis.
If you have a positive test, we advise that you contact your local EPU to inform them and book in for an early scan at around six weeks. Remind them of your previous ectopic pregnancy. This self refer route is the best route in our view. Hopefully you will have some comfort to know you are under the radar of medical professionals right away.
Sadly we do have to remind you that if you experience and pain or bleeding to seek urgent medical advice.

TTC is an emotional rollercoaster compounded by our sad loss. You are not alone. We are here too for emotional support whenever you need us. There is also a specific TTC board you can look at too whenever feel ready.

Sending much love,
Karen x

**********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
**********************************************************************************************