By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

So heartbroken and scared. Please help

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Olivia247

So heartbroken and scared. Please help

Post by Olivia247 »

Hi, I really need people's advice as I'm scared about what's going to happen.
Today I had a scan as I had pains on my right side. I am only 5 weeks 6 days but he couldn't see anything in the womb or in my tubes.
I absolutely know it's ectopic. I know it's not in not in my womb.. I just know my body.
I lost my first baby and I knew that I was pregnant then i had every symptom of being pregnant yet nothing this time. Just pain on one side.
He said there is a cyst on my other ovary and now I'm panicking I won't ever be able to have children if I have a cyst on one side and the other tube is damaged.
I don't understand why this has happened.
No one is explaining anything to me.
I'm 25 and healthy why has this happened :'(
Why aren't they doing anything yet? How long will I have to wait?
Please can someone ease my mind a bit as I am going insane.
Olivia

Nina Briston9

Re: So heartbroken and scared. Please help

Post by Nina Briston9 »

Hey Olivia,

I completely understand how you are feeling right now. I got told on the 6th December at 6 weeks pregnant that I had had a miscarriage. Turns out on the 25th December my ectopic pregnancy that we didn't know about had ruptured and I needed emergency surgery. I've now got 1 tube and don't know if They took my ovary with it.The pain was excruciating and it was such a shock realising it was ectopic. Do you have an early pregnancy unit at your local hospital? Really keep asking for blood tests to check your hormone levels and internal scans(I know they are awful) but the more they do the more they could possibly see.

Don't get too downhearted about your cyst, my best friend had cysts on both her ovaries and was on the pill and had a beautiful little girl! Try and remain positive and think if anything is wrong that it is early and can be dealt with. So many people will help you with your fertility so try remain positive, I know it's easier said than done.

Sorry if I haven't helped at all x

Olivia247

Post by Olivia247 »

Hi Nina,
Thank you for replying. I am so sorry for your loss and that awful experience.
You seem so strong. I wish I could be positive like you.
Yes i saw a consultant today who was so horrible. He just wouldn't explain anything and looked annoyed when I was trying to ask questions as if I am stupid.
I have another blood test tomorrow but I just want them to tell me what's happening and if it can be sorted before it gets worse.
:-( I never really knew much about ectopic pregnancies but it's really heartbreaking and the not knowing and waiting is just horrible.
Did you have any pain in one side?
I keep thinking is the pain getting worse...
I can't take my mind of this!!!
Sorry I'm going on.
Must of been so horrible for you over the Christmas time. I hope you are recovering well x

El Mc

Post by El Mc »

Hi Olivia, first of all, I'm sorry you're going through this. Have they done a blood test to check your hcg levels? I had an ectopic pregnancy in July. I was bleeding and had only very slight pain on my right side but I just knew something wasn't right. When they scanned me they saw a cyst on my ovary too (Dr said they're actually quite common it shouldn't cause any problems so fc for both of us) and they also saw what they thought was a pregnancy in my tube but they weren't 100% sure so I got bloods done and went back 48hrs later.

You get bloods done 48hrs apart as thats how they tell how the pregnancy is going so normal, miscarriage or ectopic. My Hcg had gone up but not enough so I decided to have the surgery. However when the surgeon scanned me, there was nothing in my tube (!?) I ended up waiting another 48hrs for more bloods. Again my hcg had risen but not enough so I was diagnosed with a Pregnancy of Unknown Location.

I was able to wait because i wasn't bleeding very heavily (which they class as needing two nighttime pads in one hour) and I wasn't in severe pain. There's a few things that could be going on like you're earlier than you thought, you're miscarrying rather than ectopic etc. Unfortunately this means you have to wait and it's truley horrible. I always thought that ectopic pregnancies were always emergencies but that's not the case. It's much easier said than done but try not to stress too much.

I'm so sorry you're not getting the level of information and support you want and hope you find out one way or another soon xx

Olivia247

Post by Olivia247 »

Hi El Mc,
Thank you for replying.
They have taken my blood 3 times now and first time it was 200 and something at 5 weeks 5 days, then it was 400 something and then I'm getting results today to find out the next one.
I should of asked if that's normal really....
Thing is there's so many questions to ask and it's all very overwhelming when I was so excited to be having a baby and then it's all been taken away.
What happened in the end? Did you have to have an operation or that injection?
I really don't want surgery :(
When they did the scan yesterday he said it was a pregnancy of unknown location... but the pain is on my right side and getting worse every day.
I'm really sorry for your loss and the pain you suffered. It really is a horrible situation.
Olivia x

El Mc

Post by El Mc »

Hi Olivia,

How did you get on today? I've been thinking about you. I ended up with the methotrexate as there was no point in surgery when they didn't know where they were going.

El

Nina Briston9

Post by Nina Briston9 »

Hey Olivia,

Sorry for the late reply.

My consultant wasn't great either, i'm now 11 days post surgery where they took my tube and still fighting for answers regarding if they took my ovary too and if i will now have periods every 2 months or whatever, so many questions but no answers.

I hope your bloods are dropping, mine have only just gone to below 10 so it does take time. Its been over a month now and my bloods have just gone down to the 'negative' region.

I am finding it easier to talk about things and I like writing poems, i have written one on the main board called Poem By N if you want to read it.

Please let me know how you get on because I would hate to know that you're so upset about it when i have been in your position of not knowing anything and the not knowing is most definitely the worst. Please know that I am willing to talk about anything if you want to send me a private message or just on here i do not mind.

Nina x