By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Struggling with emotions

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Nat87

Struggling with emotions

Post by Nat87 »

Hi, I just felt a need to speak as I'm struggling to get any support around me and so many people just brush it off like I should be fine.
I was rushed in before Christmas with an ectopic where I was around 12 weeks pregnant. It had ruptured and I was in emergency theatre straight away.
Since then recovery seems to have been slow with various problems but now it is settling down all of the emotions are catching up with me.
I feel so lonely and so sad where I'm fine one minute and crying lots the next.
I feel a real loss for the pregnancy and I'm not sure how to deal with it all.
I miss the baby desperately and can't seem to shake the feeling away.
Sorry for the vent and thanks

Sherrylee

Re: Struggling with emotions

Post by Sherrylee »

First of all I'm so sorry to hear what you are going through and second Never say sorry for a rant that's what these boards are here for

I went through an ectopic pregnancy back in may, I was 6 weeks pregnant. Right tube removed. It broke my heart and was the hardest thing I had to go through.

I had amazing support from family and friends but that didn't stop me from feeling lonely and endless nights crying myself to sleep remembering everything I went through and the loss.

There's no textbook way of grieving and coming to terms with what's happened, what you are going through now is what we have all been through.

For me it was these boards, talking to family and friends when I felt ready too, writing things down and going for long walks.

Keep strong

X

Nat87

Post by Nat87 »

Thank you for your reply. I have found that staring to open up with people who are experiencing the same grief is making me feel a lot less alone.
I think now that the initial shock of it all is subsiding the emotions of it all are starting to pour out and I have to find a way to let it all out.
Thank you again

Nina Briston9

Post by Nina Briston9 »

So sorry to hear you have been through this.

I also was rushed into hospital in December and had my surgery on the 30th (eventually after having methotrexate a week previous and in absolute agony) my tube had ruptured at 8 weeks pregnant and i can honestly say i did nothing but cry for a good few days. These forums help me so much, i see the stats which are 1 in 80 women experience this and kept thinking why me? But these forums make me realise that so many other strong and powerful women go through this and we can get through it together.

You may feel low and upset but i am a strong believer in time healing things. I know that this is the hardest thing i have ever been through but me and my partner are so much stronger now.

If you speak to your GP they can provide you with people to contact regarding counselling. I experienced a miscarriage before and they put me in touch with some amazing people in my local town just to go and speak to if I wanted to cry to someone or if I could get advice on how to deal with things. I am now writing poems every few days about my loss and i find it really easy to write it down.

I miss my baby terribly but we also have to remember how important our own lives are too. Each of us who has experienced this traumatic life event are lucky to be here. We are all here to support each other.

Sorry for going on.

x

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Nat87,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
When we experience ectopic pregnancy we are suddenly faced with a life threatening emergency and it's treatment, reduction in fertility, concerns about the future and the loss of our babies. Dealing with anyone of these is an ordeal, putting them together is immense and your feelings are completely normal.

Although family and friends are often well-meaning, I found they didn't truly understand the loss I felt. I like you reached out to the Trust and here found amazing support from those who understood exactly how I felt.

Please be kind to yourself and allow time to grieve, to heal both physically and emotionally. We will be hear for you for as long as you need.

Sending much love,
Karen x

**********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
**********************************************************************************************