By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Post surgery

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Pam3la14

Post surgery

Post by Pam3la14 »

:?:
I am in agony! Mentally and physically.
On the 4th January doctor told me i was pregnant, at this stage i had been spotting for 8 days so i was happy but worried at the same time, thr next day i called early pregnancy as i had some pain on right side but nothing much, they asked me to come up for a scan, the midwife could not find even a sac and as i had been bleeding she told me i must have had a miscarriage, she drew my bliid and called me later that day to tell me my hcg level was 607 and booked me at another hospital for bloods on the saturday. It was a long couple of days and wjen the doctor called me on saturday night yo say bloods had increased by 66% so baby was growing well and not to worry! Monday more blood taken very little increase, wed more blood huge increase!
I am lucky as the doctor i seen at the hospital on the wednesday i had history with as he delivered my first, he was lovely and scanned me for 45 mins, he explained he thought it was ectopic and as i cant take the injection due yo health issues he scheduled surgery, (laparoscopy) this was delayed till next day.
The surgery was quick and they removed the baby and my right tube.
I am out of hospital now emotionally i am so confused, physically i am in agony, i cant stand on my own i have to sleep sitting up i feel as though i am being stabbed with the slightest movement. I cant cry as it hurts so much. We have been through so much in the last week and a half that my mind is in a whirlwind, please somebody tell me this is normal

sharonmc0

Re: Post surgery

Post by sharonmc0 »

It's normal. Sad, scary and horrible...but normal. Your body has been through a lot and your mind will be going at 100 miles an hour to process the last few days. Sleep. Wake up, eat, and sleep some more. My first ectopic 6yrs ago was removed, along with my tube, by keyhole surgery. My 2nd, in my ovary, was removed by laparoscopically 5mth ago. It took weeks to recover physically. Don't try and rush it xx

andie

Post by andie »

Hi I have had my first ectopic pregnancy on the 30th November 2016 so 6 wks ago. I also had a pregnancy on the ovary which I believe now to be extremely rare. I was unaware that I was 6 wks pregnant went to A&E with lower abdominal pains and collapsed and was operated on immediately due to internal bleeding. I had my left ovary removed. It has been an horrific shock to the system as I have also had a secondary infection 4wks down the line and have just finished my second lot of antibiotics. No one really to talk to about this as it wasn't a pregnancy in my tube.
Hope you are feeling better.

Andrea x

Pam3la14

Post by Pam3la14 »

Thank you for your replies I was concerned because all you read about is trapped air from the operation but this is agony, it does not feel like trapped air at all.

To make matters worse my cousin has just announced today she is pregnant, I am so happy for her but feel so sad. We will not have another baby now, we are lucky to have two healthy children and am blessed to have 1 of each, this pregnancy was not planned, however the moment we found out I was pregnant we loved it just the same, we had planned silly things like where the cot would go and what room it would sleep in, no matter what, it was a massive loss but not one that will be replaced, I had a miscarriage 7 years ago and luckily fell pregnant the next month, nothing can ever replace a lost child but your body and mind looks for a baby, this time I will not have that joy, I can't go through this heartache again.

andie

Post by andie »

so when was your surgery? this week? x

Pam3la14

Post by Pam3la14 »

Yes it was on Thursday just past.

Pam3la14

Post by Pam3la14 »

Yes it was on Thursday just past. X

Shelleyb38

Post by Shelleyb38 »

Hi so sorry to hear of your loss! I'm having the same issue too! I'm 2.5 weeks post op and still in pain! I was operated on but no baby was found hormones are still high so I'm still at risk I'm so confused! The pains a lot better now than the first few days but sleeping is still an issue!! Going back on Friday to hospital don't know what they will do this time!