By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Ovulation Pain

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
gh1129

Ovulation Pain

Post by gh1129 »

Hi,

I'm sure there are answers this already but I couldn't find it amongst all the message threads. I had an ectopic pregnancy and my left tube was removed. This was in late Nov 2016. I've had one period since then and we have started trying again. This past month when I ovulated I had sharp pains on the left side where the tube is missing. I'm wondering, does this mean I ovulated from that side? Or, can I expect that I might feel pain on the left side even if i am ovulating from the right? I know its not necessarily productive to try to be so focused on what my body is doing but I found it so depressing this month to be trying and feeling like there was little hope (assuming it was the bad side).

Any ideas on the pain or tips for handling trying again so I don't drive myself crazy wondering if its the "bad" side.

Thanks!

EPT Host 20

Re: Ovulation Pain

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear gh1129,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss.

Experiencing some pain after an ectopic pregnancy is normal as your body has been through a great deal over the last few months. The pain may be due to adhesions (scar tissue that binds two parts of the body together) which form and take some time to settle. Your body may be preparing to ovulate and many women experience ovulation pain when they did not before their ectopic pregnancy - including myself. You also may have a heightened perception because of the sad loss that you have had to go through. I felt pain for many months following my ectopic pregnancy and it was always on the side of my ectopic, even though I didn't ovulate from that side each time, so try not to worry unduly.

Experiencing an ectopic pregnancy is a huge ordeal and you are in the early stages of recovery. Your body needs time to heal from your surgery which is in itself a gruelling task. You have also had to process the loss of your babies and been through an immense rollercoaster of emotions - all of this will take time to come to terms with.

I think it may be worth keeping a pain diary to record when you feel the pain (including when in your cycle), its intensity on a scale of 1-10 and if anything helps such as rest, a hot water bottle, paracetamol etc. I would suggest keeping these notes for about 4/6 weeks and then seeing your doctors with this information as it would help them determine how best to manage your symptoms.

Sending much love,
Karen x

**********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
**********************************************************************************************

Leaningsoftly27

Re: Ovulation Pain

Post by Leaningsoftly27 »

Thank you for sharing this information. I am also experiencing ovulation pain on my right side (where tube was removed for ectopic). It is stirring deep emotions also. This is so hard and so alone.