By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Cried at last annual check up. Scared to go to next one.

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Melissa207

Cried at last annual check up. Scared to go to next one.

Post by Melissa207 »

I had an ectopic pregnancy two years ago. My right Fallopian tube burst and after a rushed DNC, I was then rushed in for emergency surgery and my tube was removed.
The whole experience was frightening to say the least. Last year when I finally went in for my first annual exam, I cried the entire time. I couldn't stop. I was so embarrassed.
It is now a year later and I am scheduled to go in for my second annual since the surgery and I am scared it will happen again. I'm scared to put my feet back in those stirrups. I'm 34 and have done it many times, so why can't I just suck it up and handle it??
I was just wondering if anyone else experienced this as well? I feel embarrassed and as though I am being foolish. I just hoped maybe I wasn't the only one ...

EPT Host 22

Re: Cried at last annual check up. Scared to go to next one.

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Melissa207,

I don’t think you are being foolish at all. You have experienced a physical and emotional trauma, and each of us heal in our own ways and at our own times. There are triggers that exist for me that I would have never expected, but that I find myself learning to manage through.

You may want to share your concerns with you GP before the annual exam begin. Even without suffering an ectopic, annual exams can be uncomfortable, and very likely GPs may have techniques for helping patients to become more comfortable.

With kind regards,

Michele

***********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at http://www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
***********************************************************************************************