By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Is this normal?

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Vickyd

Is this normal?

Post by Vickyd »

Hi, im new to the forum. I had an EP on news years eve with key hole surgey on new years day. After 2 weeks i felt like i was physically recovering well then started getting pains, ive been checked my dr and she said it fine. For 3 days now though i have had constant and shooting pains in my bum, i rang the hospital today and was told its nothing to worry about but after everything thats happened im anxious and my insomnia is worse than ever so im exhausted.

I just want to know if others have had this? So i know its 'normal'. The dr couldnt tell me what causes it.

Thank you
Vicky

Nickynico

Re: Is this normal?

Post by Nickynico »

Hi Vicky, sorry to hear what's happened. I have no medical idea why but I also get that sometimes. I had surgery because of the ectopic pregnancy and they removed my tube too as it had ruptured. I tend to get it when I've ovulated on my surgery side. The doctor told me it was just every thing trying to heal and put itself back together.
Hope it gets better soon :)

Ps how do you start a new post ? Xx

Vickyd

Post by Vickyd »

Thanks nicky, yeah i guess its everything healing and hopefully it will stop soon.

I really struggled to find how to start a new post too and almost give up then some how found it by accident but i dont know what i did or how to do it again. Hopefully someone can answer for us both x

EPT Host 22

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Vicky,

I’m so sorry you’ve suffered this ectopic loss and pregnancy. I know it can leave us with many questions and sensations and I will do my very best to help.

Many women experience discomfort after experiencing ectopic pregnancy and it can be a scary time. The pain could be for a number of reasons. It could be due to adhesions or scar tissue that form as part of your recovery. It could be as a result of ovulation pains (many women feel this when they hadn't before including myself). It may also be heightened awareness after everything you have endured or possibly an infection. You may want to ask if Doctors have checked for infection and you may want to ask for a test to be on the safe side.

It is good to be aware of these pains and that you have reached out to your GP for assistance. You could keep a pain diary, noting when the pain starts, when and where you experience pain and the intensity. You could also write down anything that helps the pain including paracetamol, rest, hot water bottle etc and you could discuss your notes with your doctors. These details would help them determine how best manage your symptoms.

With good wishes,

Michele

***********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at http://www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
***********************************************************************************************