By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Mild Period Pain Like for over a week 4 weeks post surgery

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Grace2017

Mild Period Pain Like for over a week 4 weeks post surgery

Post by Grace2017 »

I had my surgery on the 29th of December, it's four weeks post the operation and have been having mild period pain like pains since a week ago. They come and go but today they have been there since last night. I have a mucus like discharge at times and my tummy just does not feel the same, cold inside the tummy, The pain is mostly on the right side where my right tube was removed. Is this normal? Has someone experienced this. Am due to return to work on the 30th and am worried it could be an infection

EPT Host 22

Re: Mild Period Pain Like for over a week 4 weeks post surge

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Grace2017,

I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve suffered an ectopic pregnancy and loss. It is a physical and emotional trauma, and our recovery can take some time.

In regards to the pain, tt can be very normal to feel abdominal pains after treatment for ectopic pregnancy. With surgery, your body has been through a huge trauma and will need time to heal. The pain you are feeling could be due to your body healing or as a result of adhesions or scar tissue which forms as part of the recovery process. It could also be because your menstrual cycle is restarting or because of ovulation pains as many women feel ovulation pains when they did not before. It might also be as a result of heightened awareness after your ordeal.

Although the pain you are having could be due to adhesions, as you are worried about an infection it's worth going to see your Dr's to get checked out and to be on safe side.

With good wishes,
Michele

**********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at http://www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
**********************************************************************************************