By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Can't stop thinking about the baby

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
TheaT

Can't stop thinking about the baby

Post by TheaT »

I found out that I was pregnant a few days before Christmas (and was very happy), and then right after Christmas I went to the local early pregnancy unit with some pain and bleeding and found out it was an ectopic. I was devastated.

At that point I was 6 weeks pregnant so they decided to try Methotrexate. The first shot did not work, so I had to get a second one too. After that the hcg levels started to drop, so I thought it was working.

Long story short, a week after the second dose I started having some pain again and also swelling in the abdomen (I later learnt it was a sign of internal bleeding). After a couple of exhausting visits to the hospital it was decided that I needed surgery - by then I was 9 weeks pregnant.

Indeed, after surgery the doctor told me I'd had a lot of internal bleeding and that my tube had ruptured gradually - that's why I did not feel the extreme pain that most people experience.

He also emphasized that the "ectopic" was very big. I didn't ask him how big exactly or whether the baby was alive - I was too afraid of the answer. Before surgery I'd signed the papers stating that the embryo (or 'pregnancy' tissue as they called it) would be sent to a lab for research and later buried in a communal burial. I still think that it was the right choice - claiming it for a private burial would simply have been too heartbreaking. And also, I'm living here temporarily so I wouldn't even know where and how to arrange a funeral.

But I just can't stop thinking about how the baby was removed surgically from inside of me and how it must have died at that moment and how it will be buried and what it looked like... And how I will leave this place but he/she will stay here forever.

This is no doubt the worst thing in all of this. I don't think I'll ever get over this. I feel not only sad but also guilty somehow.

I'm just wondering whether others who have experienced it also have similar thoughts. And how to get over it.

Jakeb1803

Re: Can't stop thinking about the baby

Post by Jakeb1803 »

I too suffered the same. I am here to talk if u need to. Might help xx

Kayleigh-ox

Post by Kayleigh-ox »

This all happened to my on the 17th of this month it's heartbreaking they said they will contact me within 12 weeks to arrange a prayer and cremation.. I also think about the moment they took the baby out of my tube and weather it was alive and where they then put it :( wish I would have asked :( hope your ok

TheaT

Post by TheaT »

Thank you for the replies. And I'm very sorry to hear about your experiences.
I just hope things will get better in time..

xlaurenx

Post by xlaurenx »

Oh my god I never knew any of this and definitely dont remember signing no paper work about this I lost my baby 11 april 2014 was 4 an half months gone when I went through it all I was left so cut up that I couldnt do some kind of burial I wish there was something I could do now as ive never gorten over it every year it comes back to me I hate it I break down crying beinf told I was pregnant then 2 mins later that im losing it just wish I could say goodbye a send off and knew I could do a burial but probably to late to do anything by now