By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Just suffered an ectopic pregnancy

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Kayleigh-ox

Just suffered an ectopic pregnancy

Post by Kayleigh-ox »

Hi everyone ok so glad I've found this site I just want to share what's happened to me and for people who have been through the same to make me feel a bit better or share there experiences..
29th December 2016 found out I was pregnant! So much was going through my mind as I have a 1 year old and me and my partner haven't been getting on great. Anyway that soon passes and we're excited then 7th January I noticed some brownish discharge I just thought I won't panic the next day it was quite pinkish so I rang my midwife although I haven't seen her yet they referred me to the epu they done a speculum everything looked fine they done a test that was positive they took blood hcg which k had to wait for the results and to go back in 2 days for them to repeat them. Tuesday and I notice blood now, wednesday I go back for more blood my hcg was 1600.. They tell me to ring at the night time for my second lot of results but they wernt ready I was in huge pain worse than labour could not move. Thursday comes and I'm bleeding more I give up ringing the hospital for my results 6pm I went to the toilet and I knew I had miscarried in my pad was 'my baby' I was distraught it was so scary I was heartbroken. I rang the hospital Friday to tell them they were confused as my results went up to 2090. They wanted me to go into a&e to wait for a doctor to see me, after hours on end waiting they done a speculum and cervix was closed they then done more blood and booked me in for a scan for the Monday 16th January.. Monday comes and was horrible waiting for my scan with tears down my face knowing what was going to be said.. Yes there was no baby there worst experience ever heartbroken :( I then had to go back up to epu they took more blood and it had rose again to nearly 3000! They said I would have to have an operation next morning so I go in Tuesday 17th getting ready for the operation all he doctors coming to speak to me and the consultant I then tell them about my baby came out of me and that I'm confused as the whole thing did come out of me I shown him the picture and he and the doctors were 100% sure that was the fetus.. They said I wouldn't need the op.. Moments later it still needed to happen I come out of recovery to be told I had an ectopic pregnancy it had ruptured and baby was in my tube my right tube had to be taken away. This all has been way too much for me it sounds like I would have been having twins I came out of hospital a week ago today and only just feeling a bit letter as I've been in a [heck] of a lot of pain.. It emotionally hasn't hit me quiet yet I did never ever think it would happen to me in a million years I'm so so scared about being pregnant again I'm no where near ready yet but it's a scary thought I also feel like it will never get better I feel like I won't be able to go back to my normal self and carry on doing my normal day to day things it's just awful it's such a sad time :( I suppose time will heal
Thanks for reading my story x

EPT Host 22

Re: Just suffered an ectopic pregnancy

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Kayleigh-ox,

I’m so sorry to hear of everything that you’ve been through and that you’ve suffered an ectopic pregnancy and loss. Thank you for sharing your story; these Boards are full of stories like yours and offer a safe space to share and to recover together.

Your ectopic pregnancy is so recent and you’ve suffered a physical and emotional trauma. Recovery from an ectopic pregnancy can take some time and is very individual. As much as I wish I could give you more certainty, as we are so unique, I am afraid there isn't a timeframe as such. What I can say is that as the days and weeks pass, you will begin to feel more like yourself again and although the journey may be a bit of a shaky one - some days will be ok, some not so ok - please do be kind to yourself and allow yourself all the time and space that you need to heal.

I'm sorry it is impossible for me to say whether it was twins. With a pregnancy that's ending when hormone levels fall that can trigger uterine lining being shed (that had built up in preparation for a pregnancy, but sadly no longer needed). That uterine lining is released and process involves vaginal bleeding. This can be clotty and have tissue which some women think is their baby. We cannot be sure, but it may be that is what you you saw when you visited the bathroom. No matter what the circumstances of your loss, you are entitled to grieve. Trying to conceive again is a nerve-wracking thought particularly as ectopic was only a few days ago. It's very important to take care of yourself and to prioritize your emotional and physical recovery.

Please know that these boards are here for you, to share, to ask questions or just to vent, for as long as you need.

With good wishes,

Michele

**********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at http://www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
**********************************************************************************************

Nicwood30

Re: Just suffered an ectopic pregnancy

Post by Nicwood30 »

Hi Hun, I found out I was expecting 6th Jan was over the moon it would be my 5th . 2days later I start bleeding I panic as all my other pregnancies I've never bled I wait a couple of days it's tailing off and get checked over at the EPU and they scan internally can't see anything wrong or a baby but my HCG levels are definitely there so they tell me come back in 2 weeks and they'll re-scan. Made it 8 more days then I'm cramping really bad and start bleeding again so take myself back to the EPU where they scan again only to find pools of blood in my abdomen and no baby, they explain they suspect it's an ectopic pregnancy and I need surgery asap I may have to have a tube removed- this is a lot to take in. Next morning I have surgery the ectopic had fallen out of my tube so luckily they said my tubes were ok and left intact I'm 33 with none of the influences they state can lead to an ectopic, I don't understand what went wrong x