By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Possibly pregnant at 44, worried ectopic

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
JoJo1972

Possibly pregnant at 44, worried ectopic

Post by JoJo1972 »

I had an ectopic pregnancy in 2004. This was after tubal-reversal surgery. We were so excited to get pregnant then at 8 weeks I started spotting and then ended up having emergency surgery to remove the ectopic. The doctor wanted to remove my tube but I cried and begged him not to since according to tests it was the only one I had open. It was a devastating time. I have endometriosis so the fact I got pregnant was such and exciting moment!
Fast forward to 2017 and not taking any kind of precautions to not get pregnant, I skip my first period in 12 years. I am currently on cycle day 39. My normal cycle is 23-26 days. They had been getting shorter the last few months, I assume I am getting near the change. But I have never missed a period but 2 times in the past, when I was pregnant with my daughter (b.1991) and then the ectopic in 2004. I have taken 4 pregnancy tests in the past week and not even a faint line. I called my gyn and his nurse told me to call her in 2 weeks and if I hadn't started by then or I get a positive test she would order a blood test. I know I am high risk for another ectopic. I have just been hoping all this time I would have a chance to share a child with my husband. He has had no children of his own and I just know it would be the prettiest red headed child ever. Every month for 12 years had been the biggest let down.
Could the fact that it is a ectopic be the reason I have yet to have a positive? I know that the hormones are slow to grow in this case.
When I was pregnant with the last ectopic it did show a positive right away. My body is so confusing me right now. I still have about 8 days before I can contact the doctor back.
I have no signs of pregnancy, no sensitive breasts and such. I do have some cramping but it is slight and just feels like you would feel before you do start, but I haven't.
Now after all this time as bad as I wanted to get pregnant, I am scared to death I am because I am 44... I crack myself up sometimes, we have the strangest things happen to us always.

Thanks for any input, I appreciate it.

jodie

EPT Host 20

Re: Possibly pregnant at 44, worried ectopic

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear jodie,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
Periods can be delayed for a number of reasons including stress or even (as surprising as it may sound) excessive exercise or weight loss. Doctors normally consider menstrual cycles of between 23-42 days to be within normal parameters. I would say preg test not necessarily show as positive. You have already done the right thing and sought medical advice and while I do not want to alarm you, if you experience any pain or unusual bleeding, please do get medical attention as soon as you can.

Sending much love and positive thoughts,
Karen x

**********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
**********************************************************************************************

JoJo1972

Re: Possibly pregnant at 44, worried ectopic

Post by JoJo1972 »

This is why I am confused, I have no stress for the moment or for the last while and my weight hasn't changed. I take no meds to affect anything. Thank you for your input. I am very body aware right now, praying that nothing negative happens.