By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

My story

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Felicitymargaretx

My story

Post by Felicitymargaretx »

I've been needing someone to talk too so badly, this last week has been my worst nightmare!

I'm 20, was diagnosed with pcos after trying for a baby for 2 years (I know it seems so young but me and my boyfriend have been together 7 years now!) They referred me to a fertility clinic where I had so many tests and scans etc. They then chose to put me on clomid which worked after 3 cycles and a dose of 150mg!

We was so over the moon! Finally after all this time of trying we got our baby.
I was 6 weeks when I had pink bleeding when I wiped (tmi sorry!) Then I continued to spot for a few more hours. But after that it stopped. I left it and then I started getting bad cramps in my side. I rang the fertility clinic and they said to come in for a scan.

I went for a scan and they said it looked like a 'suspected miscarriage' devastated! I was so heartbroken, I couldn't get my words out I just stared for a while then burst our crying.

Anyway they said I had to wait for it to come.out by itself. Well it didn't.
3 days later at 1:30am I started having super super bad back and belly pain all on my right side, was feeling sick and dizzy so I went to A&E where they did tests and then took me by ambulance to another hospital. There is where they did a scan and said it looked like an ectopic.

It was so surreal as I'd never really heard of it a lot and I just felt so unlucky that it happened to me.

After the scan I needed to have an emergency operation as I had bad internal bleeding.
The operation went okay but I did loose 1/3 of my whole blood which was super scary! They let me home the day later.

I just feel so empty. All I'm doing lately is crying, I don't want to be around anyone apart from my immediate family.

I'm so scared of trying again as I really don't think I will be able to cope to go all through this again!

Do any of you have any success stories after an ectopic? (I don't want to try yet, just to put my mind at ease, maybe..)

Thank-you for reading if you didn't get bored by the end!

Jenny3395

Re: My story

Post by Jenny3395 »

Heyy felicity,

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your pregnancy. I too have just experienced an ectopic pregnancy which resulted in the substantial internal bleeding into my abdominal cavity. The surgeons removed my left Fallopian tube. I was let home from the hospital yesterday. I feel exactly the same as you. I don't want to see anyone apart from my immediate family. It's almost like my brain can't compute what has and is happening to me. I think I'm getting by dealing with the physical pain and blocking out the emotions but then I can randomly burst into tears and feel overwhelmed and unable to cope. The doctors explained to me chances of future successful pregnancies but I feel terrified.
I was asked several times during my stay at hospital if it was a planned pregnancy- it was but I have no idea what difference that makes, were you or asked this question?
If anyone else has any comments please let us know. Hopefully we can be a source of support for each other xxx

Felicitymargaretx

Post by Felicitymargaretx »

Hi Jenny,

I'm so sorry about your loss also

I was never asked if it was planned (it was we tried for over 2 years!) I can't see how it would be any different though?..

I also burst out into tears randomly

It's been more difficult these last two days though as we was told there may be another baby actually in my uterus. And we found out we was but we've also lost that baby too. I've been having super heavy bleeding.

I hope the situation we are in eases up soon, we all deserve to be happy after going through such a horrible time xxx

Jenny3395

Post by Jenny3395 »

Oh felicity I cannot begin to imagine the physical and emotional pain you must be going through right now finding out that news must have been devastating. It's a daunting thought too that I guess only time will make things feel better. When the doctors spoke to me about trying again All I could think was, I don't think I could go through this again! I'm not sure if this will give you any comfort but I Know of friends of the family who have had ectopics and were treated with firstly methotrexate unsuccessfully (as was I) leading to rupture and emergency surgery to remove the tube. They have both gone on to have happy healthy pregnancies without much trying at all after they had recovered from the trauma. They are now running around after bouncing toddlers! There is a video on this site too, I'm not sure if you've seen it? About a lady talking about her ectopic but she now has a baby boy. I think our time will come and when it does it will be the most precious thing in the world!! Sending massive hugs xxx

Maneet10

Post by Maneet10 »

Hi both, I really wanted to respond to your post as it was the amazing ladies on this forum that helped me through my own ectopic pregnancy last year.
I am truly sorry for your losses. Losing something so precious and wanted is a heartbreaking experience. In September last year I was diagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy. I needed surgery to have my right Fallopian tube removed. I was devastated and like you very few concerned about the impact on my fertility. We started trying again after 3 months and by March we were pregnant. Unfortunately I had a miscarriage and then felt like I had hit rock bottom. However 2 months later we were pregnant again. We were terrified it would be ectopic or I'd have another miscarriage, however the human body is truly amazing and I now have my gorgeous baby girl in my arms. I hope my story offers you some hope and promise. Give your body time to heal, have faith in yourselves and rest. If it can happen for me it will happen for you too. Good luck! Xx

Jenny3395

Post by Jenny3395 »

Heyy,

This site is truely amazing! That we can all come together and support each other is immensely helpful, reading your story has made me cry! I'm so happy that you now have a wonderful healthy baby and gives me hope that if you can do it after such a traumatic time then hopefully so can we :) thank you so much :)
I hope you're ok felicity xxx

KatStrat

Post by KatStrat »

Hi all,
Thank you for posting your story Felicity..
I found out we were 5weeks pregnant Christmas Eve... we were over the moon.. however New Year's Day the cramping and bleeding started.. we headed to A&E a day later and were told it was a possible miscarriage (totally devastated) but we were asked back a day later for scans which revealed it was a pregnancy of unknown location... I stayed in overnight and that morning I was in for surgery.. my left Fallopian tube and the pregnancy was removed..
I felt like I had dealt with everything OK, however the wounds have not healed so well so back into A&E this evening to speak with the nurse.. totally broke down and cried my eyes out.. everyone tells me to be strong and sometimes I just can't..
the nurse advised I speak to someone or join a group so here I am.

Trying to keep strong but at times..
I just can't.
Katherine

somayb3bab3

Post by somayb3bab3 »

Hi all, thanks for sharing your stories. I guess we're all in the same boat. And although it definitely feels rock bottom at times, it's far from over. I was diagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy too just about a week ago, and this was after a round of IVF as well! I never knew that was even possible. This diagnosis was actually a relief after being told we had a "pregnancy of unknown location" - how ridiculous. It felt much better that they had managed to find the actual thing. We were told by this expensive gynaecologist that because the pregnancy was so tiny and that my HCG level was so low (around 840), I had a 70% chance of resolving this naturally, so we chose to wait and see if my body would do its thing. The very next day I start experiencing lower abdominal cramps and bleeding, and to cut a long story short, underwent an emergency laparoscopy which removed my right tube. All in all though, I'm still feeling pretty OK. I feel it could have turned out a lot worse, and that my situation had been manageable and stable throughout. And now we would just try again with our next round of IVF. It's really not as bad as it sometimes feels. I know the horror of the unknown can sometimes feel overwhelming, but if we break it down into manageable chunks, and acknowledge that we are not in control but we're willing to try again, I'm confident good things can come from that. I'm wishing all of you the best of luck as well x