By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Pregnant after ectopic - extra sensitive?

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Flower27

Pregnant after ectopic - extra sensitive?

Post by Flower27 »

Hi there,

I am just short of 5 weeks pregnant after having an ectopic pregnancy last year (treated with Methotrexate injection). I am just wondering if anyone who is in same boat experiences "more" feelings on the side they had the ectopic during the new pregnancy? I've felt completely different this time (last time began bleeding just before 4 week mark so very early and no typical pregnancy symptoms at all) experiencing mind forms of most normal early pregnancy symptoms and lots of gurgling, tugging, tingling, aching etc feelings around abdomen/stomach. Also seem to be quite gassy so wondering if a lot of the feelings are related to that. Mostly I am just super concerned that because I can definitely feel things on the side I had the ectopic more frequently than other places. Around the time they say you are implanting I had cramps all around lower middle tummy so I hoped I was implanting in the right place but now I am panicking every day! No one understands the anxiety unless you've experienced ectopic so appreciate any advice! thanks :)

Bmsb21

Re: Pregnant after ectopic - extra sensitive?

Post by Bmsb21 »

Hi there,

Yes, I found that I had a bit more twinges/sometimes a dull pain on my left side where my ectopic was during my pregnancy, especially when I really started to grow/change. I'm 23 weeks right now and it has gotten better, however, they talk about round ligament pain and it mostly has been coming from my left side (go figure). I'm sure it's just because there was an injury there so it will be a "weak spot" in the body where you'll feel pain. It also could be because we are much more sensitive to changes in our body after experiencing an ectopic pregnancy - a heightened awareness. Best of luck to you during your pregnancy and for a healthy baby! :)