By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Help

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
RobinD15

Help

Post by RobinD15 »

Hi there. I'm hoping someone can shed some light. I tested positive for pregnancy on 2/13/17- I wasn't sure if I was even late but a few days before the 13th I started cramping and bleeding- no more than a pad a day at first. Sunday the 12th I went to the ER because I was having some pain in my right side abdomen. They ran all of the necessary tests (Blood, U/S) my HCG was 222 and they found what appeared to be a cyst on my right ovary. We did a wait and see for the remainder of the week and I had 2 more blood draws. The 1st was 183 (dropped from 222) but the 2nd was 186. The docs are pretty confident that this is an ectopic and want to treat with MX. I'm not currently having pain but I am still bleeding about a pad or 2 a day. Today I saw a little bit of tissue when I used the bathroom today. Unfortunately I have been down this road before so I know I'm at higher risk for this to be an ectopic but I'd really prefer not to take the medication if this could really be a miscarriage. Thoughts?

EPT Host 20

Re: Help

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear RobinD15,
I am so sorry to hear of your loss,
Unfortunately I am not medically trained so cannot give you specific advice regarding your situation and would advise talking through your options with your medical practitioner.
Sadly I do have to remind you that if you experience worsening bleeding, pain, shoulder tip pain or start to feel dizzy and unwell to seek urgent medical advice as tube rupture can occur at low and reducing hCG levels.

We will be here for you for as long as you need.
Sending much love,
Karen x

**********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
**********************************************************************************************