By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Sharp pain after 5 weeks of surgery

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
judith_nisha

Sharp pain after 5 weeks of surgery

Post by judith_nisha »

Hello everyone,

I had a emergency surgery on the 6th January for an Ectopic pregnancy and had to remove the right tube and the baby as the tube erupted.
Its been 6 weeks now and I had my first period last Tuesday, which was extremely painful like never before.

I am now having a sharp stabbing pain in the right side of my abdomen. I am scared and worried if something has gone wrong. I am feeling dizzy and tired as well.

Should i be worried and get an appointment with my GP?

EPT Host 20

Re: Sharp pain after 5 weeks of surgery

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear judith_nisha,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss.
Many women report that their 1st period following ectopic pregnancy is more painful and heavier, however I am not medically trained and as you also say you are experiencing sharp stabbing pain and feel dizzy and unwell, I would advise that you seek medical attention.

Sending much love,
Karen x

**********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
**********************************************************************************************

Han89

Re: Sharp pain after 5 weeks of surgery

Post by Han89 »

Hi, I had a ep removed and my right tube unfortunately on the 5th Feb. I was doing fine and starting to feel fine however a week after had so much pain, and I felt like something was wrong went to gp, who then sent me to my local hospital and was seen by the gyn team. After thinking the worse, I was told everything looked fine. What I had done two days ago before this happened, I pushed myself to go out, trying to forget things and all I did was walk more than normal. I was told, I need to rest, rest rest. Do nothing. I was given painkillers and all I did was rest for few days and the pain was getting better. I have been taking it really easy, it's coming upto 4 weeks now and unfortunately if I walk more than I should the pain is back. The physical scars may have healed but the internal stitches take a long time to do so. The pain is to tell us, we aren't ready and to take it easy. xx