By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Just when I though things were back to normal...

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
el-cee

Just when I though things were back to normal...

Post by el-cee »

What a day! I've just recently started back at work part time and this week was my first full 9-5 week again since surgery in Jan. Tuesday was five weeks since I had my surgery and left tube removed, I was feeling pretty tired after work but thought I needed to power through. Figured I should be fine by now physically!

Getting ready this morning after the shower and my surgery scar in my belly button split open! It was such a shock. I thought it had completely healed! The other scars have. After it stopped bleeding I phoned the hospital and they said to come in and get it looked at. So a few hours wait at A&E and they put some paper stitches in it and gave me antibiotic eye drops (lol) to clean it with. So gross I know! Sorry! I couldn't believe it happened.

The whole area feels quite swollen now. Worrying abou infection. Anyone else had any issues with surgery wounds healing??

And I was planning to go back to cricket training next week....might have to push that back a few more weeks now!

EPT Host 20

Re: Just when I though things were back to normal...

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear el-cee,
I am so sorry to hear of your wound breaking down. We do occasionally hear from women that this happens to and I completely understand how difficult this must be when you just want to get back to normal.
I am glad to hear that you got medical advice. If the wound starts to break down further or if you find that you have an increased body temperature of more than 37°C or offensive smelling discharge or the wound site starts oozing or feels hot to touch, please do get medical attention as soon as possible as these can be signs of ongoing infection that may require oral antibiotics.
Sending you warm hugs,
Much love,
Karen x

**********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
**********************************************************************************************