By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

2nd ectopic

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
manduk82

2nd ectopic

Post by manduk82 »

Hello everyone. I had an ectopic pregnancy in Dec 09 and had my left tube removed. I was told my right tube was fine and in good working order. I then went on to have a successful pregnancy with a DD in July 2011 via c-section. I recently discovered I was pregnant again middle of Feb 2017 then at 6+5 days I was spotting (sorry if tmi) which I went to get checked straight away due to my history. I had a scan and the results was inconclusive. So I had my beta hcg levels checked. They was quite low for 6 weeks to start with. 250 then 48 hrs after I got told they reduced to 220 so was expecting a normal mc. On Friday 24th Feb I passed what I thought was the pregnancy along with heavy period like bleeding. The bleeding seemed to taper off so thought no more of it. Then on Friday last week (4th march) I started getting a brown discharge again which didn't settle. So I made an appointment to see my gp (ended up seeing a stand in gp) who told loads of lies to get me seen straight away that day in the gynaecology ward at my local hospital. Because I had taken a pregnancy test the day b4 and it was very much still positive and the test they did was they ordered another scan which gave me an devastating blow that I had another ectopic pregnancy in my right tube. I opted for the option of removal as they explained they could remove the pregnancy and close tube back but would mean even higher risk of future ectopic and I cannot emotionally and physically go through that again. Anyway my question is could this ectopic pregnancy have been caused by damage/scarring to my Fallopian tube from the c-section surgery due to being told previously and having a successful pregnancy before that the tube was healthy. Thank you in advance to anyone who replies.

EPT Host 12

Re: 2nd ectopic

Post by EPT Host 12 »

Dear Manduk82

I'm so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancies and losses. To go through this condition once is hard enough and my heart goes out to you that you have had to endure it again. It's a devastating ordeal.

I can understand your having questions about why this has reoccurred particularly after having had a successful pregnancy. I would be asking similar questions and while it could be the case that adhesions/scar tissues had impacted the Fallopian tube it is one of those things that we will possibly never know for sure. After my ectopic pregnancy, I wanted cast-iron guaranteed answers and it took me a long time to accept that in some cases that isn't possible. What I can suggest is that you could ask your hospital for a follow up appointment where you can speak to the consultant/a member of their team and ask these sorts of questions. Queries that might be helpful are whether they saw evidence of adhesions/extent of adhesions/whether there seemed to be any obvious reason for the ectopic pregnancy etc. Your consultant may be able to shed additional light on your circumstances.

I hope this helps and I send you my love.

Sending you lots of good wishes
Munira

***********************************************************************************************

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: http://eepurl.com/crvWvH
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team