By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Hair loss after methotrexate

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Firstecpreg

Hair loss after methotrexate

Post by Firstecpreg »

Hi ladies

Just wondered if anyone has experienced significant hair loss after methotrexate? I had 4 x 50 doses 6 weeks ago and my hair is falling out so much, just wondering if anyone has had the same and when it stops?

EPT Host 20

Re: Hair loss after methotrexate

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Firstecpreg,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss.
Temporary hair loss can be a side effect of methotraxate treatment. It is difficult to give time scales as we are all individual, our bodies respond differently to the drug and it depends on factors like how high levels reached, the dose given and our unique physiology.
I am afraid I am not medically trained so cannot give you any further specific advice on your query, I would advise talking to your GP if you have further concerns.
Sending much love,
Karen x

**********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
**********************************************************************************************

Sweekz99

Re: Hair loss after methotrexate

Post by Sweekz99 »

Temporary hair loss can be a side effect of methotraxate treatment. I'm so sorry.

There's no feeling worse than feeling your hair starting to fall off as a woman.

I used to dread taking showers all the time. Now I don't mind.

This is my story and some of my best advice which I hope is going to be of much help.

I'm a woman in her 50's and I didn't give much thought to my sprouting gray hairs and my hair loss in my 30's during my first pregnancy because they were virtually undetectable; however, as my patch turned into a streak, I began to question whether or not I should address them although it was the last thing I wanted to do 😐

Should I color them? Should I stick to natural hairstyles where they'd go unnoticed? I was really on the fence, yet I didn't feel particularly rushed to conceal my grays...

I'm glad there are finally solutions out there for doing something about it that actually work!

This is a daily hair growth supplement that quite quickly helped me and my bestie to improve our hair and stop the gray with a few important but natural ingredients.

It wasn't until we found it we were able to make our hair stop falling off as fast although it doesn't stop completely!

I finally feel a lot more confident in my hair 😍

Wishing you the best of luck in your journey, sis.

Hope my advice was of help to you <3

Debbie