By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

why did this happen to me?

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Louiseb99

why did this happen to me?

Post by Louiseb99 »

I'm so glad to be out of danger from my pregnancy but I'm so devestated and wish I could have gone too with my little baby. My boyfriend had attacked me which resulted In a trip to the hospital, which is where I found out my pregnancy was ectopic and I had to have suregery that day, within a few hours. My emotions hadn't even settled before I went into surgery, but my tube had ruptured, I'm so upset and I'm grieving for my loss all alone. My partner cannot see me as he was arrested the day I found out. I am all alone in this and I can't stop thinking why did this happen to me? Why couldn't I have a normal pregnancy and what did I possibly do to damage my tubes? It's the most horrible experience ever and I wouldn't wish it upon anybody. the cuts from the surgery are a constant reminder of what happened and I need to focus on my child's burial at the age of 17. I honesty am losing my mind dealing with this, I've never been so sad

EPT Host 12

Re: why did this happen to me?

Post by EPT Host 12 »

Dear Louiseb99

I am so sorry to hear of the horrendous time you have been through. You have endured such a huge amount and my heart goes out to you. We will be right here for you for as long as you need us and you can use these boards to express yourself as freely as you wish in a safe and supportive environment.

Sadly the reason for an ectopic pregnancy may never be know for certain. While certain factors can increase the risk, it isn't always the case where we get all our questions answered. From the bottom of my heart, it is not your fault and please try not to blame yourself for what has happened. Many of us try to look for reasons and end up pointing the finger at ourselves but in reality there is nothing you could have done to stop it from happening. Please be gentle with yourself and know that you have our hand in friendship.

Sending you good wishes
Munira
x

***********************************************************************************************

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: http://eepurl.com/crvWvH
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

***********************************************************************************************

emma-89

Re: why did this happen to me?

Post by emma-89 »

Hi im so sorry to hear of your traumatic time recently. I too was rushed in to have emergency surgery as my right tube had ruptered last september so i know how hard this is. You need to concentrate on getting yourself better physically, the scars and reminders will get better over time- i know it doesnt seem like it right now but it will. I myself am still struggling emotionally with it all with close family having babies but again it gets a bit easier every day. You said you dont have many people around you but anyone you do have you have to talk about it all or just keep posting on the forums- it has helped me massively.
I hope you keep talking and keep reading all these

Emma