By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

feeling lost, not help from doctors!

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
IsabellaBradford123

feeling lost, not help from doctors!

Post by IsabellaBradford123 »

Hi All,

I had an ectopic pregnancy 3 months ago and has my right tube removed in surgery. I have had two periods since and they have been relatively normal periods, however the past week I have been having sharp pains mostly on my left side and occasionally on the right, my pelvic area is also aching. Its a discomfort that always seems to be there but isn't going. I am not pregnant so it couldn't be another ectopic.
I have been seen by a nurse twice now, they say it is just adhesions. However surely that would only be on the right side, not the left too? They have advised me to go back in a couple of weeks and go to A&E if it gets really bad.

Im just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I feel 3 months on I shouldn't have these pains still. It makes me so anxious that something else could be wrong down there, its making me so stressed! I feel I don't get any kind of reassurance from the doctors as to what to expect following an ectopic pregnancy that is removed surgically.

Can anyone put my mind at rest? would be must appreciated!

Kjm3691

Re: feeling lost, not help from doctors!

Post by Kjm3691 »

Hello,

I'm 8 weeks post op and I'm having the same experiences!

I've not been to the doctors about it but I think it takes the body a long time to recover internally but if you don't feel right then keep going to your docs as you know your own body

Xx

EPT Host 12

Re: feeling lost, not help from doctors!

Post by EPT Host 12 »

Hello

I am sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss.

We do often hear from women who experience ongoing pain and sensations with an ectopic pregnancy and this can be due to many things. They could be part of your healing process. It could be as a result of adhesions or scar tissue which form as the body heals after treatment for ectopic pregnancy. The sensations could be felt because of heightened awareness of your body after everything you have sadly been through. It may be because of an underlying condition or ovulation or even period pain. Since my ectopic pregnancy, I now find I have ovulation pains each month when I didn't before. This still occurs a few years on and even takes me by surprise some months.

It may be helpful to keep a pain diary over the next few weeks, recording when your period starts/started, when the sensations are experienced and how the discomfort would be scored on a scale of 0 to 10 - 0 being no pain, 10 being pain requiring a trip to hospital. You can keep a record of what helps and these might include: heat ie hot water bottle, exercise, rest, pain relievers (noting of what kind). We suggest taking this to your doctor's appointment to discuss the records you have been keeping. They can suggest any appropriate tests and use the information to determine how best to manage your symptoms. If you are finding that the pain is having an impact on your day to day activities, it might be a good idea to get seen to by doctors as soon as possible and they can check for an infection.

Sending good wishes

Munira

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: http://eepurl.com/crvWvH
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team