By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

First period post ectopic

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
emily1

Re: First period post ectopic

Post by emily1 »

Ukstake, I'm really sorry to hear what you went through, it must have been horrible not knowing what was going on and being in limbo for so long.
I've read a few of these message boards and it seems like the first period can be anything from 2-10 weeks after the op. Mine started 5 weeks after (I'm 6 weeks post op now).
I'm not sure if I'll try to conceive this cycle as I have a holiday booked mid June and the timings would be a bit dodgey if anything were to happen again, I probably would do otherwise (a bit frustrating!). I suppose it depends on whether you feel strong enough physically and emotionally. I think waiting for at least one period seems sensible, as it means you can date the pregnancy, which in our situation is important. My first one had a big build up and was pretty painful but feeling much better now I've turned that corner! Good luck, whatever you decide! x

Brysands

Post by Brysands »

I was diagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy back in February it's been 4 months and I haven't gotten my period yet. I didn't have to get surgery done just 2 shots in my butt. I had blood work done and everything came up fine. But I'm concerned I was spotting last week but it only lasted maybe 24 hours and it wasn't heavy. Can anyone help me? I go for an ultrasound on the 13 of June to see what's going on. I just need some advice.

Kbyrne

Post by Kbyrne »

I had an ectopic pregnancy and surgery at 6 weeks and 4 days on the 14 May. My Gynae managed to save my tube and I know I ovulated again on the 28th May (took opk) so waiting for my period but started spotting from 10dpo and we 13dpo today. Is this spotting my period coming or actual period because I have heard it can be lighter. I’m so confused. Also has pain on the side I had the ectopic but then I also feel right ovary twinges. So weird. Due for check up on the 18 June ( 1 month post op ). I’m
Also feeling very emotional and depressed it’s like I know this period draws a line in what has happened but at the same time I want to know my body is starting to regulate again. My last period was 30th March so I’m just emotional. I have been trying to conceive for just under 2 years and fell pregnant on the second round of clomid as was diagnosed with unexplained infertility.