By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

First period post ectopic

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Se1986

First period post ectopic

Post by Se1986 »

Hi I am six weeks post surgery and down a tube, sucks but I'm ok and getting on with things (potty training my toddler is a huge smelly distraction!). I was just wondering when did other people start having their period? I have been feeling due on for a few weeks, feeling a little bloated today but still nothing. I was ok until I found a old thread with people saying they had it a month to six weeks in. uch I hate the waiting game!

Lorna93

Re: First period post ectopic

Post by Lorna93 »

Hi, I'm sorry for what you want through :-(

I had methotrexate and my hcg levels went back to 0 around 13th March and still no period so id also like to know this. I know everyone is different but I just want to be back to normal now Xx

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Se1986,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss and I can completely understand the feeling of wanting to get back to normal.
Your periods can take a while to re-establish - they can re-start anything between two and ten weeks after surgery and most women find that their period arrives sometime around week six or seven after surgery.
The first period may be more painful or less so than usual, heavier or lighter, last for longer or shorter than usual – there really is no set pattern. You should be able to manage the discomfort with over-the-counter pain relief and should not be soaking a pad in less than an hour. If this is not the case, you should seek medical attention.
As a gentle reminder, we and many medical professionals advise waiting at least two menstrual cycles before trying to conceive again. This "wait" is to allow your cycles to resume and have a last menstrual period date from which to date a new pregnancy - important information for checking for ectopic pregnancy in the future. It also allows time for your emotions to surface and be worked through after your ordeal.

Sending much love,
Karen x

**********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
**********************************************************************************************

jennamarshall88

Post by jennamarshall88 »

I am nearly 7 weeks post op and down a tube too. Also not had my first period since. Been feeling like it was going to happen the past couple of weeks but nothing has come of it. My emotions the past week have been sooo up and down. Fingers crossed it comes soon so I can get the first nasty one out of the way xx

Dubnat

Post by Dubnat »

I had surgery on 3/03 and have been tracking my bbt since in an effort to gauge when my period might start again. I always had extremely irregular periods (sometimes 2 in s month, sometimes 2 a year), but I'm glad to see I've just ovulated (confirmed with ovulation tests) so hopeful my period will come in about 2 weeks, which will be about 8 weeks post op.

Hope you ladies get yours soon too xxx

Se1986

Post by Se1986 »

Thanks for replying, still no sign of mine! I feel like you could stick a pin in me and i would burst! Really hope it comes soon. I have never used ovulation sticks but I think I ovulated a couple of weeks ago. Hope you guys get yours soon to

Dubnat

Post by Dubnat »

I got about 50 for £6 including postage on eBay. I only use them in conjunction with the basal body temperature chart. Because my periods are so irregular it is the only way that I can have any idea when to expect one.

Se1986

Post by Se1986 »

Oh I had a bad experience when trying for my son, which I had problems getting pregnant with him. I became a little obsessive with them! I'm the same tho I have very irregular periods, they stopped for a while then restarted but have been quite regular since I had my boy 2 years ago. They were about 6 weeks apart before my ectopic so maybe I will take longer to come on cos that. Does anyone take their body temperature when ovulating?

Dubnat

Post by Dubnat »

Yes I understand that.. it's easy to get obsessed with them. I take my temp Every day too, and there is a marked drop and spike around ovulation.

Se1986

Post by Se1986 »

Hi just wondering if anyone has had their period yet?? I'm still waiting! I have to go to hospital on the 2nd of may as my last smear came back irregular so I have to go for the colonoscopy, (yey!! :roll: ). I'm sort of hoping now I will come on closer to that time, it won't be to heavy and I can have the treatment and start trying pretty soon after. I'm just worried as I have had such irregular periods that they might stop again. I'm 7 weeks post ectopic this Friday, it just feels like forever coming!

emily1

Post by emily1 »

Hi all,
se1986, have you got your period yet? I'm 5 weeks post op and feel like I've been about to come on for the past few days due to bloating and pain building up, particularly in the side of the op. Every time I go to the toilet, I'm sure it will be here, but no! It will be a relief when it comes, but it sounds like I might have to wait a while longer after reading some of your posts.x

Se1986

Post by Se1986 »

I have had it last week so I was 7 weeks post opp. Pretty sure I'm ovulating now so hopefully things getting back to normal. I'm sure your period will come if you feel like it is. I felt like that for a few weeks before mine xx

Firstecpreg

Post by Firstecpreg »

I've had my third period after laparoscopy in February now and they've been all over the place! And I'm not used to any real symptoms with a period but now it's all killer cramps, incredibly heavy bleeding and migraines. Ongoing joy post EP

emily1

Post by emily1 »

Thanks se1986 that's reassuring to hear.
I hope your periods settle a down a bit soo Firstecpreg.
Look after yourselves.

Torino

Post by Torino »

First post here on this forum.. I'm very sad about the whole thing still to be honest.

I had my salpingectomy on 29th march and got my period yesterday. So 4 weeks and a couple of days post op. I didn't get any warning about it either which is unusual for me.

Se1986

Post by Se1986 »

I found my first period quite overwhelming, good that things are happening but it really does draw a line under what has happened. Part of me wanted to be pregnant again but I think time is such a healer. I have downloaded an app which tracks periods, you can put on any symptoms just to keep an eye on time and dates and so on. I'm back in hospital on Tuesday for a colonoscopy so I think I'm focused on that! I keep telling myself after may all will be ok (I hope). Look after yourselves xx

emily1

Post by emily1 »

Hi all, after a build up of pain around the site of the salpingectomy and being tired for the past week, my period has arrived (4 weeks 6 days post op). It's not particularly heavy yet but rather painful. I feel so drained and tired. :( I could quite easily stay in bed. Glad things are kind of getting back to normal I suppose.
Sorry to hear you have to go through a colonoscopy se1986, I'm sure the last thing you want is to be prodded around at the moment. xx

Dubnat

Post by Dubnat »

Mine arrived 8 weeks 1 day after my operation, and was really overwhelming. I was so emotional and so tired. Far more than ever before. Probably as this was my first period since December (I got pregnant in January). Hoping for a short cycle this time and then we can start trying again.

Good luck everyone xx

Se1986

Post by Se1986 »

Well I'm 2 weeks past my period and pretty sure I have just ovulated! Had symptoms at least. Must say first period was a breeze but I do have longer nose bleeds than periods usually so I guess this one was heavy in comparison. I'm having cramping now tho. I'm quite uncomfortable and feeling due in so I'm not sure if I will come on earlier than the 4 weeks. I've had a rubbish week tho . Went to hospital in Tuesday for my colonoscopy and told consultant of my ectopic and she informed me I could not have it because I was not 12 weeks past my ectopic. I was so peed off! I just wanted to get it over with, so will now have to wait till the end of the month! Aaaarrrrgggghhhhh!!!

Ukstake

Post by Ukstake »

Hi, I found out I was having an ectopic pregnancy after nearly two months of bleeding. I went to the doctors 3 times in those two months to be told it was "my hormones" due to coming off the pill in December. I googled symptoms for weeks and finally came across Ectopic pregnancy, so I took a pregnancy test, which was positive. I went to A&E that day, was told it seems like a normal pregnancy, of course I held onto this even though I knew something was wrong. I had a scan the following day and was told the ectopic pregnancy was in my left tube and the surgeon operated within the hour to remove my tube and the pregnancy.

Took me a while to recover but just glad Im okay.. it's been 4 weeks now and no sign of my period, I'm desperate for my cycle so I can start trying to conceive. I just wanted to know did anyone try to conceive after their first period post surgery? Or wait for period two before trying again? How long does it usually take for most women to have a period post surgery?

Xxx