By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

No tubes so where do my eggs go?

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
pcvrod46

No tubes so where do my eggs go?

Post by pcvrod46 »

Hi there in an new to this group and I have a question. I had a very traumatic child birth due to preeclampsia then shortly after I had an ectopic pregnancy. The result of all this is that I have had both my tubes removed but I still have my ovaries and I still have a period every month. I wondered what happens to my eggs each month?
Thank you

Lynette

Re: No tubes so where do my eggs go?

Post by Lynette »

Good question iv no idea have u googled xxx

Se1986

Post by Se1986 »

Hi I asked the nurse while in hospital and she said it just drops out and dissolves, I like to think of it as a little shot of protein! Don't worry ladies we won't be in the shed each month laying eggs!!

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear pcvrod46,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
I am not medically trained so cannot give you specific answers to your question but my understanding is that each month, an egg cell ripens in one ovary or the other and is pushed to the surface of the ovary. From there it is expelled into the fluid surrounding your ovary, basically just into your abdominal cavity. Eggs are just cells like blood cells, skin cells, etc and cells expire internally all the time, and are "re-absorbed" by the body.

Please feel free to continue to use the forums for information and advice for as long as you need,
Sending much love,
Karen x

**********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
**********************************************************************************************

HunnieBee

Post by HunnieBee »

Se1986 wrote:Hi I asked the nurse while in hospital and she said it just drops out and dissolves, I like to think of it as a little shot of protein! Don't worry ladies we won't be in the shed each month laying eggs!!
Thanks for that had a proper little giggle :D