By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Suspected ectopic - so scared

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Alimaher

Suspected ectopic - so scared

Post by Alimaher »

This is quite a long story.
After 2 years of trying to get pregnant I was finally diagnosed with very AMH which meant I had extremely low egg reserve and my chances of becoming pregnant were literally 0. I was also refused any IVF treatment as my levels were so low.
We decide to go straight for egg donation and started a cycle in September 2016, when I went to have my lining checked they found fluid in my tube, long story short, I had to have it surgically removed, this was in Feb 2017. Decided to have a break from it all and enjoy the summer before we went for transfer.
So on the 16th May (this month) I found out I was pregnant naturally - against all odds. We were shocked obviously over the moon.

I had some cramping and due to previous surgery my GP referred me to the EPU last Friday where they did a scan - it was 6 weeks sincerely the first
Day of my last period and the only thing they could see was a 2mm blob in my uterus which they couldn't confirm. Nothing seen in tube and a cyst on my right overy which the doctor said was a good sign of ovulation.
My HCG came back at around 1300. 48 hours later HCG gone up by 60% so doctor said they suspect ectopic pregnancy and I now have to wait 4 days until they scan me again. Obviously deverastated and really scared.
I have no bleeding and no pain.
They said if I experience any pain then to go straight to A&E!

They want to wait 4 days so it's a week since last scan as want to give the blob they saw a chance to grow if itis a viable pregnancy.

I'm literally going out of my mind with worry. And terrified I may lose my right tube as it's the only one I have left and therefore would never have the chance to ever conceive naturally again with my own eggs.

Do you think waiting 4 days is putting me at risk? Has anyone else experienced this?

BTW I'm 34

Lynette

Re: Suspected ectopic - so scared

Post by Lynette »

:x I really feel for u hun iv been in that situation came out of surgery Monday n no one understands how I feel xxx but I never had a (blob) in my womb so good luck xxxxx

Alimaher

Post by Alimaher »

Thanks for responding. I hope you're recovery ok.. it really is a horrible experience. Xxx

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Alimaher,
I am so sorry to hear of the worrying time you are going through.
As you have mentioned that your scan showed a small blob, this is known as a Pregnancy of Unknown Location or PUL. This is not a diagnosis but a label until the final location can be identified with certainty. I cannot be sure, but it could be the case that it may be too early to see a pregnancy on the scan.

If scans are inconclusive, doctors would normally carry out a series of blood tests to check hCG levels to see if the numbers are rising as expected. However, in isolation, hCG tests only provide a part of the picture - declining levels indicate that a pregnancy has ended and will be miscarried. It can also possibly indicate an ectopic pregnancy that is "self-resolving". Also hCG levels rising by less than 66% over 48 hours means it is likely (but not certain) that it is ectopic. If levels rise normally, they suggest the pregnancy is implanted in the uterus. You may see from this that hCG levels only indicate certain possibilities and are not in themselves a definitive guide. A positive identification of an implanted embryo on a scan is usually needed before a final diagnosis/certainty that the pregnancy has implanted in the uterus. This is possibly the reason why your doctors are waiting to carry out scans and tests.

Having said this, I do think that if you begin feeling pain which seems unusual and is concerning you and, in particular, if you experience any bleeding or spotting, it is better to get checked out to be on the safe side.

Sending much love and positive thoughts,
Karen x

**********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
**********************************************************************************************

Alimaher

Post by Alimaher »

Thank you for responding Karen.

It's certainly a worrying time and although Thursdays scan can't come soon enough so I will finally know what's happening, the thought of going to the hospital and having it done makes me feel physically sick.

My HCG levels only rose by 60% so it's likely to be ectopic- luckily had no pain or bleeding yet.

Thanks again for your response and kind words. Xx

Alimaher

Post by Alimaher »

I had my scan re done today and the 2mm blob they saw has grown into a 10mm sac in my womb but it was empty. The sonographer put me at 5w and 4 days and said it could be too early to see yolk/foetus

Does this finding rule out ectopic pregnancy? Still so worried. I have another scan in a week.

Please advise..

JennyRen

Post by JennyRen »

I'm so sorry you're having to go through such an anxious time. I really hope things turn out well for you hun at the next scan.

It's so difficult to express how scary it is (I had an ectopic at the end of April) and I'm really struggling to come to terms with it.

Hope you get some positive news about the blob soon xxxxx

Lynette

Post by Lynette »

Hi hun how did u get on hope all is OK xx

Alimaher

Post by Alimaher »

Hi Lynette, thanks you for asking x
Unfortunately I am having a miscarriage. It isn't ectopic which was a relief but nevertheless still not a very experience. It's been a very difficult couple of weeks.

I hope all is well with you and you're fully recovered. Xx