By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Pregnancy sitting High Up- plz HELP

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Asvan

Pregnancy sitting High Up- plz HELP

Post by Asvan »

Hi.

I am 26 years old and after a few miscarriages I am now pregnant again. Due to my previous miscarriages and to put my mind at ease the doctor referred me to EPAU.

I am currently about 5 weeks pregnant and I have been going in for regular blood tests, which seem fine but the doctors have identified another problem.

I had one scan last week and one yesterday and both of them show that my pregnancy is sitting higher than normal in my uterus. The doctors have also said that the pregnancy is quite close to my tubes and so it could be an ectopic pregnancy and I may have to have surgery to get it removed.

The doctors are going to do another scan on Monday and then they will decide what to do. I am currently at home and going out of my mind with worry.

Has anyone ever had this before? And what was the outcome? Could the baby still move further down into my uterus? I am only five weeks pregnant so should I wait and see what happens or if things don't look good on Monday should I just have the surgery?

I am so upset that I don't know what to do!

Lynette

Re: Pregnancy sitting High Up- plz HELP

Post by Lynette »

Hi hun big hugs I had the same problem they couldn't decide if my baby was in womb or end of the tube unfortunately mine was in my tube which ruptured at 9weeks but that's not the case for everyone I'm sure they will do e everything they can for u I'm always here for a chat if u need me xxxx

Asvan

Post by Asvan »

Thank so so much for your reply.

The doctors are saying the same with me, it seems like they really aren't sure.

What treatment options were you offered? Or were you just told to wait incase baby implants itself further down? I have read up on cases where the pregnancy was high up to begin with and then at later scans it ended up in the right place.

I really don't want to go down the surgery route, but I'm not sure what other options I have?

My baby is currently 4mm long and they could even see the heartbeat. I have not had any bleeding or pain and my hcg levels are around 9000. It's just hard to understand how anything could be wrong. If I hadn't booked myself in for an early scan I wouldn't have even known that all this was going on.

I'd love to hear any positive stories and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lynette

Post by Lynette »

Well my pg was 9 weeks and my tube had already ruptured but I was in a lot ov pain and bleeding for 2 weeks previously so once diagnosed I was rushed in for emergency surgery I'm sure hun if they were suspecting ep they would ov monitored you I hospital as it can be life threatening so maybe they are thinking the baby will move down ep r very painful so that doesn't seem ur case I wasn't given any options as I didn't know I was pg to start with until that day u need to rest up they can't usually pik up a heart beat untill 11 weeks I don't think that's y u have a 12 week scan xxxxx

Lynette

Post by Lynette »

Oh sorry they could see the heart beat that's good isn't it!!!! So how many weeks are u then xxxx

Asvan

Post by Asvan »

I am only 5 weeks pregnant and hoping for a miracle.

The fact that the doctors let me come home is promising as even they aren't sure what exactly is going on and they did say that each baby and each pregnancy is different.

I will keep you all updated on what happens.

Thanks again.

Lynette

Post by Lynette »

It deffo is a good sign they let u home please don't worry yourself please keep me posted iv everything crossed for you BIG hugs xxxx