By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Methotrexate

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
JennP

Methotrexate

Post by JennP »

Hi All,

New here ... sadly had an ectopic pregnancy confirmed on Thursday after 6 days of worrying, sadness, anger and any other emotions you cant think of I had them!

I got Methotrexate injection on Thursday and I never expected to feel this ill/weak after.. just looking to see how others felt after the injection & any advice?!

Jen xx

Vconstantinos

Re: Methotrexate

Post by Vconstantinos »

Sorry for your loss.

I had an ectopic 5 weeks ago, had the injection on the monday and by the weekend the pain was too much so got taken to hospital for pain relief.

Felt a little weak, fatiqued after. More emotional at the beginning. Now I'm ok but if i think about it too much or events where i should have been pregnant i get upset.

Had 3 weeks off work. Pain lasted about 3/4 days and bled for a little over 2 weeks. Took the 4 and a bit weeks for hormone level to come down to 0!

Sorry a bit long this message lol. Just take regular pain relief, and relax if you can x

JennP

Post by JennP »

Thanks for your reply, sorry for you loss.

Im struggling with the pain only using paracetomal for pain relief just now... its so hard the pain the sickness etc on top of already feeling heartbroken.

Just hoping it will all get even a little bit easier for me xx

Jkh87

Post by Jkh87 »

Sorry to hear of your ectopic. It's such a horrible thing to have to go through.

I had my injection of metheltraxate on Wednesday.

It's completely wiped it out of me! Can't even pop to the shops without it knocking me for six. Had some horrible pain Thursday and Friday but is starting to ease now though.

I'm just a massage away if you need to chat.

Hope you start to feel better soon. Just rest as much as possible.

xx

JennP

Post by JennP »

Hey! Yeah its possibly the worst thing ive went through. I am the same if I get out of bed to walk anywhere im straight back in it with pain or exhaustion! Thats good your pain has started to ease. I just have the constant worry and anxiety that my tube will still rupture xx

Jkh87

Post by Jkh87 »

Completely get where you're coming from. I managed a trip to the supermarket today but had the consent anxiety that it was going to rupture or I'd start bleeding heavily. Luckily neither happened but I did end up spending the rest of the day on the sofa! Hope you're pain eases up soon. My doc told me it's very common in the first few days and means the medications doing the job. xx

MrsE2016

Post by MrsE2016 »

I had an injection of methotrexate on Friday after I was diagnosed with an ectopic of 6w5d - HCG levels were static at 690.

I haven't really had much pain at all, a tiny bit but nothing that's put me out of action. Does this mean it's not working? I'm terrified of having to have surgery.

The only pain i'm feeling is emotional pain. I don't think i'll ever feel normal again. It was our first pregnancy & we only found out just over a week ago. 3 days later we were told it wasn't viable :-(