By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Bleeding post surgery

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Ctmil1

Bleeding post surgery

Post by Ctmil1 »

Hi all,
First time posting.
I had surgery 6 days ago, with my right tube being removed for a ruptured ectopic pregnancy.
Since the surgery, I have had no bleeding at all, until today.
It is bright bleeding, similar to that of a light period. I have occasional cramps low and centered just above my pubic bone. . I know this isn't my period.
Has anyone else experienced this? I'm just anxious due to my experience.
Would love to hear what others bleeding was like.
Thanks so much

Eleog

Re: Bleeding post surgery

Post by Eleog »

I had this too and it made me so anxious I drove back to the hospital. According to my doctor it's very normal and it's due to your hcg-levels going down. That makes the body get rid of anything that was left of the pregnancy. It's a kind of period but not really your period. I had it on day five, it lasted a day or two with some cramping.
Take good care of yourself

Meb67005

Re: Bleeding post surgery

Post by Meb67005 »

I had my left tube removed june 4, 2017. Initially I didn't bleed either. Just I got 2 days of very heavy bleeding, two day medium and then 3 very very light. Even though I was pregnant in my Fallopian tube my uterus still had to shed its own lining. It's almost tramactic when you don't expect it. My embryo measured 7 weeks 4 days at the time. So really it depends how far along you are.

I'm so sorry for your loss. This is incredible horrible to go through. I wish uterine success for you this fall time!