By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

First period. Please respond.

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Melissa1987

First period. Please respond.

Post by Melissa1987 »

Hiya

I started my first period yesterday evening, it started 28 days after the first day of my post op bleed and 14 days after I thought I ovulated so I'm hoping this is a good sign in terms of my cycle going back to bring regular. I guess I will just have to wait and see.

I know on this website it says the first period can be different, mine is already so painful and it's not even really got going yet. My worry is that I was not ecpecting the blood to be so different, it's like a bright orangey red which I've never had before. Has anyone had this? Will it change once its starts being a bit heavier?

Thank you

dlm08

Re: First period. Please respond.

Post by dlm08 »

I've only had two periods since. My first one came 5 weeks after surgery and was very similar to my post-op bleed. Painful, heavy, and bright red the whole time.

My second one came 27 days later and was very similar to my normal pattern (before my EP) aside from being a bit more painful than usual at the beginning, specifically on my left side which is where my EP was. I was a bit nervous about my first one too, but it seems as though it has only taken two cycles for me to return to normal more or less.

Melissa1987

Re: First period. Please respond.

Post by Melissa1987 »

Thank you for replying. Hopefully it will settle down. To be honest I'm just so grateful it's back in such good time and in line with when I thought I ovulated. I don't think I could bare waiting 10 weeks for it!