By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

HSG after second eptopic

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Cassiemar

HSG after second eptopic

Post by Cassiemar »

Hi all. I am new to this page. I have so many questions. I had my first ectopic Nov 2016 my right tube was removed. In Feb 2017 I conceived and miscarried at 5 wks. And April 2017 I had a secondition ectopic. My left tube was left after the surgery. I just got my second period since the surgery. I am thinking of scheduling HSG to see if the tube remaining is open. I am terrified of the procedure. I am terrified of it being blocked and I am terrified if it isn't blocked I will have a third ectopic or miscarry again. My partner always just tells me to think positive and not think of bad things that might happen. It drives me crazy. I'm not sure where to look for support. He has a four year old son. I have no children and the thought of never being a mother destroys me. I am very scared and feel alone.

EPT Host 22

Re: HSG after second eptopic

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Cassiemar,

My heart goes out to you for your losses and for having to wrestle through this difficult time. Pregnancy loss is both a physical and emotional trauma, and it takes time to heal. The most important thing right now is to make sure you are looking after yourself both physically and emotionally.

With my two ectopic pregnancies, my husband had similar responses to yours. I know now that men grieve in a different way than women, and its often hard to find the right thing to say to someone you love, who is hurting so badly. I found that writing in a journal helped me to process my thoughts and feelings, and in a way, to organize them enough to share with my loved ones.

This forum is a safe space for you to share your thoughts, ask questions, or just vent. We have information on our website on emotional recovery and counseling services, which you might find useful. As well, If you think it may help, we can certainly arrange to speak to you about what you have been through and be a shoulder to lean on. My colleagues and I have also experienced ectopic pregnancy and understand how heartbreaking it is. You can ask any questions or simply tell us about the horrible time you have been through.

The charity, Mind, may also be of assistance. They have local centres and support groups and can offer services on a means-tested basis (you pay what you can afford) or sometimes free. You can find your local centre following this link if that may be useful too:
http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/local-minds/. You can also speak to your GP specifically about local counseling services and referral for talking therapies.

While I'm not medically qualified to speak on the HSG procedure, I will say that it's important to take things in your own time. You've been through so much, and it's important to make sure that you continue to prioritize your healing.

We are here for you, for as long as you need.

With good wishes,

Michele

***********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
***********************************************************************************************

Lexy333

Post by Lexy333 »

Hi all,
I recently experienced my second ectopic in August. I had my first about 10 years ago & treated with MTX. After first, i had a successful pregnancy in 2016 & birthed my beautiful daughter. My husband & i recent been ttc & had the 2nd ectopic in September. At recommendation of Dr, i did HSG test, showed neither tube is blocked. We just learned we are pregnant, again following the hsg! Im am both excited & terrified. Estimate about 4 weeks. Anxious for scan to determine if healthy pregnancy. Keep me in thoughts xoxo

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Lexy333,
Whispered congratulations on your pregnancy. I remember how nervous I was when I first fell pregnant following my ectopic pregnancy. You definitely have friends here who understand.
If you haven't already, we would advise booking an early pregnancy scan.
Speaking from UK medical practice and standards, usually doctors carry out an internal transvaginal scan at around six weeks with subsequent pregnancies after an ectopic. This is because there is a reasonable chance of seeing an embryo around this six week mark.
We advise contacting your local EPU, reminding them of your ectopic pregnancy and booking an appointment. If you are unable to self refer, contact your GP who will be able to do this for you.

Sending much love and positive thoughts,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team