By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

To give hope

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.

To give hope

Post by 0604 »

So I had my stralilation reversed last august at 42 years old after 20 plus years and was informed that ectopic was a risk. I was over the moon when I found out I was expecting in March i couldn't believe how lucky I was. Went for my midwife appointment first week of April and informed about reversal and was sent for a scan then next day. Had the scan and sadly I was diagnosed with an ectopic in my left tube I was taken from the scan room to theatre both my left tube and pregnancy was removed. I was a very dark time and I found this website very helpful. I didn't have any signs no bleeding or pain I had no clue what was happening. The shock was just awful.
I found out that I was pregnant again and I have been so scared that I would have another ectopic I was booked in for a scan today. I felt sick going back into the same room I had been told about the ectopic.
But this is the give hope to other reading today I had my scan and we saw the yolk and the heartbeat of a 5 weeks plus and everything looks fine. I'm now 43 and against the odd after a reversal with one tube I have become pregnant natural. So all those who feel there is no hope like I did there is. Good luck to all xxx

EPT Host 22

Re: To give hope

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Dear 0604,

Congratulations to you and I wish you a very healthy and happy pregnancy. Ectopic pregnancy and loss can be a very confusing time, and it's impossible to know the road that life will take. Thank you for sharing your good news story with us.

With good wishes,

Michele

***********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
***********************************************************************************************

StaceyStefan26

Re: To give hope

Post by StaceyStefan26 »

Hi 0604

Ive just read your story and thought it was lovely and had to reply!!
Im sorry for your previous ectopic.
Congratulations on your pregnancy!!

X