By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

The pain

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Sarahguffie

The pain

Post by Sarahguffie »

Was attending hospital to have a hysterectomy last thur due to grade 3 lesions
Was told my hcg levels were at 551 and it was cancelled had to go back on Sat and was told it was an ep but they couldn't locate it. Tuesday was given the injection and was back for bloods yesterday. I have had bad pain in my lhs and pressure in my rectum since last night was told to take paracetamol I did and managed to go to sleep the pain this morning is crippling to point I'm curled up in a ball. I constantly feel like I need the toilet but the pain increases once I've been. When the sharp pain is not there I can manage with the pressure is this normal ?

I'm so scared

EPT Host 20

Re: The pain

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Sarahguffie,
I am so sorry to hear of the difficult time you are going through and I will try my best to help. I also apologise for the time it has taken to reply, the website has been undergoing some essential maintenance and I have been unable to reply.
Unfortunately I am not medically trained so cannot give you specific advice on your symptoms however as you are experiencing worsening pain I would advise you seek urgent medical advice as sadly there is a risk of rupture even with low or declining hCG levels.
Your local EPU should have given you details of who to contact in the event of worsening symptoms and I would advise contacting them as soon as possible to discuss how you are feeling.
If they did not give you contact details, please speak to your GP as soon as possible or if you experience worsening pain or bleeding, shoulder tip pain, bladder or bowel problems or feel dizzy and unwell please attend your local A&E.
I understand that this is a very worrying time but it is best to get checked out to be on the safe side and it may put your mind at rest knowing you are under the care of medical professionals. We are here too whenever you need us,

Sending much love and warm hugs,
Karen x

**********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
**********************************************************************************************