By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Searching for closure

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
HunnieBee

Searching for closure

Post by HunnieBee »

Hi everyone! Although I'm anew member I have been reading this forum for many years and never had the courage to share, I feel it's time to tackle that burden and hopfully ease it for someone else quietly reading ;)
So here goes 8 years... I had my 1st miscarriage in 2010 which resulted in my loss of twins :( I was diagnosed with blighted ovium (10weeks) and had a DNC. The whole situation was terrifying as that was my first pregnancy and not a particularly easy one. Looking back I was in shock and didn't understand the situation at all.
My 2nd pregnancy in 2012 again was not easy and I had my daughter prematurely at 32 weeks in 2013. She was born 'perfectly small' aside from a few premature compilations she's the perfect little miracle! :D
My 3rd pregnancy was in 2014 unfortunately resulting in my 1st eptopic pregnancy :( I had my right tube removed. :( no real big compilations luckily as I caught it early (9weeks) I'm really sensitive and my morning sickness always starts around 4 weeks if not before. I knew something was wrong because I had pain under my shoulder and 'period cramps' not a lot of bleeding only light spotting which I wasn't overly concerned at the time. I felt awful! They told me that the embryo was still alive and growing which was unusual for that stage which made the whole situation worse for me I felt like it's ok I'll carry on until I have a natural miscarriage. Spent probably the best part of an hour arguing my case until the consultant came in and explained it wasn't a typical miscarriage and her duty was to me and keeping me safe and alive. Looking back on it again I was probably in shock on 'auto' pilot. Woke up from Key hole all good no real complications with surgery.
My 4th pregnancy was in 2015 again I knew something was wrong I had the exact same symptoms as before only this time I tried to keep it to myself in the hopes I was wrong. I went to hospital at 10weeks found out I had another eptopic pregnancy in the stump of my right tube :( I had surgery again to remove what was left of my right tube. Unfortunately I had complications and ruptured in theatre. So I had a cesarean scar.
Now this was a very difficult time for my husband and I as you can imagine. I made the choice to have my left tube removed and had the surgery in March 2017. Now before you all think I'm mad ( I am :twisted: ) I know the chance of me having a lucky escape again are very slim, the chance of me having a full term pregnancy are even slimmer :cry:
I also have a duty to my daughter and my husband and I'm risking my life for a miracle (which I've had).
Looking back I've been through a lot and never really had any real answers as to why it was all happening. I'm also struggling to come to terms with choosing to be infertile at 26! :roll: I feel so angry at the injustice! I take things day by day and some days are better than others. It feels unnatural and I know that all my instincts are natural and it's ok to feel the way I do it's hard :( It is like grief and im grieving for my fertility and all those that can't be and couldn't be. :( I wanted to share because I know I'm not the 'norm' and it wasn't 'normal' the way I chose to deal with it. On a brighter note I found religion and am now an open pagen :D I'm choosing LIFE! And to move on instead of being desperate in a situation I can't change! Probably mostly in my need to have to control a situation I know I can't and face truth and inevitably :(
I hope this brings some light to someone else and know there is light at the end even if it's not the one you expect.

EPT Host 22

Re: Searching for closure

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi HunnieBee,

Thank you for sharing your story here. As you know, so many women on these boards experience similar situations, and this is a safe space to share our stories, concerns, and triumphs. You have been through so much, and were faced with some very difficult decisions. As someone who had a 2nd ectopic in the scar tissue of the 1st ectopic, I can relate with the hard decisions you faced. The decisions we make after having ectopics can be hard to explain to those not in our situations.

Please continue to look after yourself and know that we remain here for you.

With good wishes,

Michele

***********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
***********************************************************************************************

HunnieBee

Post by HunnieBee »

Hi Michele
I'm sorry for your loss :( strangely 'nice' to hear someone has had a similar experience the hospital I attended wasn't very expirenced. I feel that after all this time I'm ready to talk but everyone else has swept it under the carpet now. Just wondered has anyone else found a medical reason for there eptopics? I've been unwell for years and had no real reason aside from anxiety and 'just happens sometimes'.

EPT Host 22

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi HunnieBee,

When I was diagnosed with my ectopics, it was deemed "bad luck". That was a difficult diagnosis for me, as I'm one to always want to know the reasons. Overtime, I've come to terms with fact that things are outside of my control. In creating life, not everything is known. The Trust has information on factors increasing the risk: https://www.ectopic.org.uk/professional ... pregnancy/. For myself, I appreciate the work the Trust is doing with physicians to continue research on ectopics. I do hope that in the future we learn more.

With good wishes,

Michele