By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Period after Ectopic removal

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Lala28

Period after Ectopic removal

Post by Lala28 »

Hey, I'm near to this.

I had my ectopic pregnancy removed on 29/06/17 after going to AnE with pain in my pelvis and spotting. My fiancé and I were heartbroken when we found out because we had planned the pregnancy and we're so excited when we saw the positive :(

I'm 4 weeks post op and I still haven't started my period, is this normal and what were your experiences? When did you get your first period?

KatyM

Re: Period after Ectopic removal

Post by KatyM »

Hi :) I am so sorry for your loss.
It's normal for it to take up to six weeks for your period to return after an ectopic. Mine took 4-5 weeks on both occasions, they were slightly more painful than normal and I noticed twinges around the area I had the surgery in. You might notice your cycle a bit out of sync for a cycle or two but your body has been through so much so that's not irregular. x

Tiffanynr16

Re: Period after Ectopic removal

Post by Tiffanynr16 »

Hey. Sorry to hear you experienced such a heartache.

I didn't have mine removed, I had the shots on June 9th. Which I bleed before that and after that for like 2 weeks which the doctor told me that didn't count as a period. I finally just got my period July 27th. I was worried sick that something was wrong. It just takes some time. I'm sure you will get it soon, if not, make an appointment with your doctor.