By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Something wrong with me

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Yas2017

Something wrong with me

Post by Yas2017 »

I feel like there is something wrong with me. I had EP earlier this year - treated with methotrexate & surgery. We have been ttc for 6 months now and nothing. We baby make every day during my fertility window, why’s it not happening?! I feel like I’m frustrated as it happened straight away with my EP.

marmoannie

Re: Something wrong with me

Post by marmoannie »

Have you tried hormone tracking? Helped my Gyno see what was going on.

Yas2017

Post by Yas2017 »

Hi marmoannie

What do you do to hormone track?

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Yas2017,

I very much understand that strong desire to conceive. I appreciate how frustrating it can be if it isn't happening as quickly as we would like. Conceiving successfully can take time and can take some couples more than a year or so.

While generally it is possible to conceive after an ectopic pregnancy, the amount of time it takes varies from couple to couple. Factors include age, general health, reproductive health and how often you have sex, among other things.
I wish I could give more precise information, but as I do not have access to your and your partner's medical records, it is difficult for me to provide specific details. Generally, we and many healthcare professionals advise keeping a healthy balanced diet, maintaining a healthy weight and abstaining from alcohol and smoking.
Importantly, help is available if conceiving naturally has not yet been successful after some time trying - and the EPT advises that women under 35 should seek medical advice following 12 months trying to conceive and those over 35 should seek advice after 6 months.

In addition. having regular sex means having sex every 2/3 days throughout the month. Guidance from the UK's National Institute of Health and Clinical Excellence advises that having sex around the time when the woman ovulates causes stress and is not recommended. We here at the EPT suggest having intercourse 2/3 times between days 10-20 of their cycle when trying to conceive. We also have information on our website on trying to conceive here: https://www.ectopic.org.uk/patients/trying-to-conceive/

Sending much love,
Karen x

**********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
**********************************************************************************************

marmoannie

Post by marmoannie »

I had estrogen, LH & Progesterone blood tests every second day for a cycle. I also had a scan to see if I was ovulating properly.
I didn't conceive for 4 months of trying. Did the cycle tracking & decided to wait then until 2018 but I'm surprisingly 4.5 weeks. I think just not being so hung up on it helped.