By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Hair Thinning

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
PerkP

Hair Thinning

Post by PerkP »

Hi,

I was wondering if it's common for hair thinning to happen post surgery.
Mine burst and I required emergency surgery and lost 2L of blood.
This was about 5 months ago. Since then I've realised I've lost half the hair at the back of my head from thinning. I can only think of two things, stress which could definitely be the case for me as I've been having panic attacks on and off for months and have just gone on medication or a side affect of the mini pill.
I also read that it can happen 3 months+ after major surgery or a traumatic event however I've never had it before.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

Kazshuker39

Re: Hair Thinning

Post by Kazshuker39 »

Hi
I literally had surgery 2 days ago and i feel like my hair is falling out more than it would do usually and like you i wonder if its the stress and shock of surgery or i was on methatrexate pre surgery so my immune system was shot to pieces and wonder if it had anything to do with this?

Sweekz99

Post by Sweekz99 »

There's no feeling worse than feeling your hair starting to thin or gray out as a woman.

I used to dread taking showers all the time. Now I don't mind.

This is my story and some of my best advice which I hope is going to be of much help.

I'm a woman in her 50's and I didn't give much thought to my sprouting gray hairs and my hair loss in my 30's during my first pregnancy because they were virtually undetectable; however, as my patch turned into a streak, I began to question whether or not I should address them although it was the last thing I wanted to do 😐

Should I color them? Should I stick to natural hairstyles where they'd go unnoticed? I was really on the fence, yet I didn't feel particularly rushed to conceal my grays...

I'm glad there are finally solutions out there for doing something about it that actually work!

[url removed per Trust policy] is a daily hair growth supplement that quite quickly helped me and my bestie to improve our hair and stop the gray with a few important but natural ingredients.

It wasn't until we found it we were able to make our hair stop falling off as fast although it doesn't stop completely!

I finally feel a lot more confident in my hair 😍

Wishing you the best of luck in your journey, sis.

Hope my advice was of help to you <3

Debbie

maria5

Post by maria5 »

Hello PerkP,
I am so very sorry for your loss and that you went through emergency surgery. I was treated with methotrexate and as soon as my hormones reached non-pregnant level my hair started falling out like I've never experienced before. A month later and it seems to be slowing. I don't know for sure but I think it could be hormonal. xx