By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Recent Ectopic pregnancy

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
EctopicPUL

Re: Recent Ectopic pregnancy

Post by EctopicPUL »

Hey I’ve not had the injection but it’s definitely true that hcg goes up - it actually means it’s working and your body then absorbs some of the hcg making higher bloods. I’d have panicked too.

I think you’re right about men/partners. We are not face to face bc of distance which doesn’t help. The one thing he has said about it is he feels helpless like he wants to do something. He’s a fixer and not very good in these situations where all I want is someone to listen. He listens well but I know it’s a different way to process for him. He’s a good egg, unless he can reduce my hcg there’s not much he can do lol

The whole thing has thrown up so much for me. I wasn’t trying for kids, didn’t particularly see them in my next 1yr plan and had considered that actually I may choose not to have them. Now suddenly have this weird loss. I don’t feel attached so much to this baby - it was so early and due to other things actually didn’t develop on target etc and I truly feel this one wasn’t meant to be but now... babies.

It’s a strange thing. Hopefully the hormones will settle - when the bleeding kicks in it does something to my hormones - bring on the irrational tears. BIZARRE lol

Thank you so much for your support - makes me feel less alone

Justjen

Post by Justjen »

Hi all,

Please help.

Just got my results back for my 7th day blood test after the methotraxate injection and the hcg levels have not dropped as they wanted them to. (4thday = 2500 and today around 2400)

I was advised to go in tomorrow to speak with the doctor so we both decide if i need a second injection.

I've not been in any pain at all since i went in hospital last week. I wonder if they will let me have another scan as i was 5weeks last week when i had my scan.

I just want to have the whole situation completed. Just tired of all the waiting.

I am now starting to think maybe i should have had surgery. I feel so angry and emortional.

Sorry thought i would share my feelings.
Love Jenet
Xx

EctopicPUL

Post by EctopicPUL »

Oh that’s so disheartening for you. I’ve read a few forums where people have had to have a second injection.

For me, when I get good news I’m relieved I didn’t have more intervention, but when I’m in the waiting limbo or getting bad news I just think god I wish I’d had surgery!

I think after all this is over, you’ll be pleased you got the Methotrexate but right now I KNOW, it’s bloody awful you just want it to be over.

I’m trying to tidy the house but just intermittently find myself on the sofa and trawling the internet, obsessing that my pregnancy tests are still positive. I have bloods tomorrow and am dreading it having gone up. Like you I desperately want this period to be over now, it just feels endless.

You’re not alone. I’ve read SO many forum msgs on various sites over the past 3 weeks and I have definitely read people having successful second injections so hope is not lost.

Even with surgery some women need an injection afterwards. It’s just so awful not to have a definite end point, I know, I’m there with you.

Let me know how the doctors appointment goes. Bizarrely it’s helpful to me to know other people are facing these appointments (though I’m sorry you’re going through this!) just to know we are not alone.

The waiting is excruciating

Justjen

Post by Justjen »

Thank you so much for your message.

Nice hearing other people's stories.

Yes, i will post an update after seeing the doctor tomorrow.

Trying to keep positive but it's hard at the moment.

X

EctopicPUL

Post by EctopicPUL »

I’ve stopped resisting really, on a bad day you just have to allow yourself to be frustrated sad scared disappointed. Don’t force yourself to be optimistic today, sulk.

Just remember it’s notmal to feel like it but it doesn’t mean that this won’t be resolved. It will. It really will. X

Justjen

Post by Justjen »

Hi all,

Just an update. Yesterday the nurse rang me saying i needed to come in today and see a doctor as my levels have not dropped as they wanted them to.

So today, I've been at the hospital for 4hrs and finally spoke to a doctor. She went through the same things i was told by the nurse and asked me to come back tmro morning for another blood test and scan. If the mass has grown in size, then i will need surgery.

Levels were around 2500 on 4th check and 7th day yesterday, they were only around 2400. So she thinks a second injection might not work and best to go with surgery as my levels are high.

So i was told not to eat anything after 7am incase i need surgery.

The wait is getting me soo anxious. My heart rate is always high each time they check it. Lol

Can't wait to have all this in the past

Luv jenet
Xx

EctopicPUL

Post by EctopicPUL »

I’m not surprised! I’m sorry it hasn’t worked for you yet. Must be so hard. Tomorrow you will get answers though, even if it’s surgery. Will be thinking of you!

My hcg dropped today but only by 30, absurdly slow after 1 week of cramping and twanging. I’m trying to see the positive that it’s gone down but had really had it set that it would be done sooner than it’s looking. Not bleeding at all for the first time in 3.5 weeks - and never wanted to bleed more(!)

This whole thing is so bizarre. By new year for both of us, this should be a distant nightmare. X

Justjen

Post by Justjen »

Hi hun, sorry you didn't get the news you wanted with thr levels dropping.

Thank you so much for your messages and keeping me sane. I don't feel as negative. Yes definitely by news years, we will leave all this in 2018 :D

We will get through this.

Going to try and eat loads now as i am starting my medical fast at 7.

I will keep you updated with my results tomorrow.

Luv jenet.
Xx

Justjen

Post by Justjen »

Hi all,

I was given a second methotrexate injection on Tuesday as my hcg levels didn't go down as they wanted them to.

This time round i felt the injection pain. My bum was very sore straight away couldn't sit on that side and was limping. On the 3rd night i started having period like cramps and bleeding (but not as heavy)
5th day today cramps feel like fake contractions although I've never given birth before. It feels like bad period pains all over my abdomen. The pain comes n goes after a few mins hence why i am calling them fake contractions. Tbh they're not too bad to make me cry but they're bad. Been in bed the whole day. I dint feel anything with thr first injection.

Nurse rang to let me know my hgc have gone down a little bit which i was dissapointed about. So hopefully on my 7th day on Monday they will go down further as i am now bleeding and feeling crampy pain. So hopefully the injection is working?

Not sure if anyone is reading this but has anyone experienced this with their second injection? And how long did you have the cramp like pain for?

I don't even remember what normal feels like. Just can't wait to feel normal again.

Thanks for reading
Luv Jenet
Xx

EctopicPUL

Post by EctopicPUL »

Hey

Sorry I’ve not had the jab so I can’t comment but wanted to confirm someone is definitely reading this :) I’m sorry you’re in pain but im glad for you that things are getting moving. I’m on the American and uk boards for babycenter and have read a few people who have had second jabs but everyone seems to say 1 day to 3 of cramps and then fatigue lasting a week. I obsessively researched this initially as I was initially terrified by the prospect (now am a bit more practical)

I definitely know what you mean about not feeling normal. I’ve been out of work for 4 weeks - my head is just not in the space for my type of job with expectant management even though the physical symptoms haven’t been as bad past 2 weeks. I’m constantly waiting and it all stops and starts so much.

Really hope your hcg comes shooting down now X

Justjen

Post by Justjen »

Hiya,

Thank you so much for responding to my message. I am sorry for your loss. Nice to know there's other people going through this.

Thank you so much for the information from your research. I've done a lot of reading everwhere but no mention of how long cramps lasted to those that had the second injection.

I am sorry to hear about what you're going through currently. The waiting seems like forever and not knowing what the following day will bring is painful (well to me). I've had days where they wanted to carry out surgery so meaning being nill by mouth for sometime. I am so worried about the idea of surgery as i was born with hernia so it might cause more complications. So hoping and praying my levels have gone down on Monday.

We will go through this. Don't worry.

Thank you once again
Jenet
Xx

Justjen

Post by Justjen »

Hello,

To anyone that might be reading my topic (thread). I thought i would try to give you some hope with my success story.

Firstly i am sorry you've ended up here like the rest of us but please don't loose hope.

I didn't know that 5months after posting my first story on here, i would be posting something positive.

So, I had my first early scan today and my pregnancy is in the right place this time :D . They saw a gestational sac and york sac, although i was told it was too early to see an embryo. I thought i was 5 weeks and 6days but i was measuring 5weeks today 23/05/19, so I've been booked in for another scan in 2 weeks.

Praying for a healthy pregnancy.

So thankful for the Ectopic Pregnancy Trust and the women on here for keeping me positive and sane.

I will also post in the right thread.

Please do not loose hope.

Xx

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Jen,
Congratulations on your pregnancy,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your good news and giving hope to so many.
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Justjen

Post by Justjen »

EPT Host 20 wrote:Dear Jen,
Congratulations on your pregnancy,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your good news and giving hope to so many.
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team
Hi Karen.

Thank you and i am so grateful for the support, advice and encouragement you gave me when i was going through my ectopic.

Thank you
Xx