By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Bleeding after Salpingectomy

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
LavaLamp2019

Bleeding after Salpingectomy

Post by LavaLamp2019 »

I was wondering if anyone has any advice?
I discovered i had an ectopic pregnancy and have had my fallopian tube removed
It has now been 3 days since my operation and this morning I began bleeding. It has got heavier as the day has gone on and it is now containing small clots. I don't know if this is normal or something i should be worried about?
Has anyone experienced similar?
I wasn't given any information about what to expect next or any aftercare so feel really in the dark.

Kadens

Re: Bleeding after Salpingectomy

Post by Kadens »

Hi Lava,
Sorry to hear about your loss as I was in the same situation a couple of months ago.
Don't worry, bleeding with clots and/or tissue is normal after the surgery. Because your hormone level suddenly went down, the lining of your uterus is shedding thus the clots/tissue with the bleed. As long as you don't experience dizziness /shortness of breath /faintness, just monitor because it will last a while from a few days to a few weeks even sometimes. First days will be heavier then gradually diminish...
In the meantime, rest, stay hydrated and have faith.
Take care.
K.

LavaLamp2019

Post by LavaLamp2019 »

Kadens wrote:Hi Lava,
Sorry to hear about your loss as I was in the same situation a couple of months ago.
Don't worry, bleeding with clots and/or tissue is normal after the surgery. Because your hormone level suddenly went down, the lining of your uterus is shedding thus the clots/tissue with the bleed. As long as you don't experience dizziness /shortness of breath /faintness, just monitor because it will last a while from a few days to a few weeks even sometimes. First days will be heavier then gradually diminish...
In the meantime, rest, stay hydrated and have faith.
Take care.
K.
Apologies, I replied to this yesterday but apparently did not click submit...
Thank you so much and I am sorry to hear you have been through the same. I have had some dizziness but mostly when I am stood up. Can I ask, how long was it before you got back to 'normal' activities?
Sounds really daft but I have borrowed a wheelchair off a friend so I can still get out the house, otherwise I am just sat thinking too much.
x

Kadens

Post by Kadens »

Greetings,
Thank you for your kind words. Hope you are feeling a bit better today. The first week after the surgery, I was a bit light headed if I did too much or move around too fast. I just had to slow down. After the first week, I was back to normal and to work. I felt much better physically. I had a follow up with my surgeon the second week and she gave me the ok to start working out, ect... So rest a lot for now since yours is recent . I think the wheelchair is a good idea: you can still be out and about without doing too much effort! Just don't forget to keep your legs up sometimes to avoid blood clots (which is a risk after any surgery) or wear those compression socks for a while.
I know it's a lot to take in and I know it's still raw. Mine happened a couple of months ago and I still think about it everyday. I found that having a goal every day helped. Little things during the day to occupy the mind like reading a book /watching a movie; until you're fit enough to get back to your usual routine; even if we'll never be the same again.
The good thing is time does heal and little by little, you'll feel stronger physically and emotionally. Until then be gentle to yourself. And I hope you have family and friends nearby who can help?
If you have any questions, let me know. I'll be glad to help.
X

loulou03

Post by loulou03 »

I had a fallopian tube removed 5 days ago after having a second ectopic pregnancy in my left tube.

I started bleeding slightly after surgery, then it got heavier over the weekend and also had some clots about the size of a five pence coin. I phoned the hospital ward where I stayed at and they advised me to speak to my GP if I had any worries, but the clots have now stopped.

I was feeling very dizzy the day after surgery, and when I spoke to the nurse in the hospital she told me I am anaemic so I need to take some iron tablets. This also happened to me the first time I had an ectopic pregnancy. I'm now resting at home and taking iron tablets twice a day, but still feel dizzy at times.

LavaLamp2019

Post by LavaLamp2019 »

Update
After a few days of heavy bleeding this has now stopped.
I have had a blood test and my hcg level has dropped to 27 (it was 9000), I have to have another test next week as it has been two weeks since my salpingectomy now. Trying not to get my hopes up that I could have another little one growing already, as it is really low.

LavaLamp2019 x

Mlachman40

Post by Mlachman40 »

I have a question not really a reply. I had laparoscopic salpingectomy in August. I am still bleeding. Heavy to moderate at times. Is this normal? I have checked in with my doctor. She wants me to get a transvaginal ultrasound but I’ve had many of them in the past and I don’t really want to get it done.