By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Is it normal

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
CK5430

Is it normal

Post by CK5430 »

Hi

Thank you to those who have posted their experiences. They have really helped me.

I was wondering if anyone else has felt the same or could help with advice. I can't stop crying and feeling lost, confused and guilty.

Here is my experience.

I found out I was pregnant on the 17 Jan my partner was so excited and happy, he had a name for the baby was planning where we would have it and loads more, i wasnt as excited as him and he found that hard to deal with. On the 22nd I was rushed into hospital. I had an ectopic pregnacy which had ruptured my right side fallopian tube, I had some cramps on the Wednesday which lead me to do a test on the Thursday. Whilst at work on the Tuesday I was in pain and very hot. I just thought it was just a hot flush and trapped wind. I was passing in and out of consciousness and had a pain in my right shoulder. The pain was like nothing I had ever experienced. An ambulance was caused and refused as I wasn't bleeding. A second was caused and I was rushed into hospital with a suspected ectopic and low blood pressure. My blood pressure was 47/60, I had bleed 1.5 litres into my abdominal. Everything happened so fast at hospital people asking loads of questions. Lots of needles in me. I was in icu for 3 days and released 2 days later.
At home I have rested but can't help feeling guilty and very confused. The physical side is healing and I'm still in discomfort but I can live with that, the emotional part and the grief is so immense. I spend a lot of the time crying. I feel like I'm drowning in all of this, I'm so lost and confused. I know i wouldnt be able to cope at work at thw moment feeling like this, people asking questions. Small things set me off. Is this normal? Is it worth speaking to my doctor?

Any advice would be great on this.

Thanks

Claire

Stacey1909

Re: Is it normal

Post by Stacey1909 »

Hi Claire.

My first ectopic ended up in surgery. I had ruptured and was quite close to not making it. Once I was out of the hospital I was lost scared and confused. It’s normal to feel this way and you are not alone. If I’m being honest I had no idea what an ectopic pregnancy was till I went through one. I’m currently going through my second one in my remaining tube. I went and see my gp loads over the first ectopic. You should go and see the gp and be kind to your self and understand you are dealing with a lot any time you would to chat let me know. Take care do what’s right for you xxxx

CK5430

Post by CK5430 »

Hi stacey,

Thank you for the advice. I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now!

I am trying to be kind to myself but it's not always easy. I was like you, had no real understanding of what an ectopic was or how life threatening they can be.

It's helped to know I'm not alone with this, I do feel like I'm drowning some days and need to find a way to cope. I think trying to focus on something helps evens if it's just for that day. Simple tasks.

Thank you for your advice and if you would like to talk any time please let me know

Thanks Claire
Xx

Stacey1909

Post by Stacey1909 »

Hi Claire,

One thing I did do and have started again was doing something with my hands like knitting or reading a book. It kept me off my phone googling and gave me time not to think. This really has helped and was something I could actually do as after the surgery your very limited what you can do. I make a point of having at least an hour doing something other then on my phone or worrying. This time I am responding well to the injection so hopefully won’t need another operation. It’s so hard to be kind to your self especially with an ectopic. But we have to remember it’s not our fault just something that happens. It will get better just give your self time and look after your self xxxx

CK5430

Post by CK5430 »

Hi Stacey,

I have started to focus on something each day. Today I'm tidying up the bedrooms. Tomorrow it will be something else. I find that I have to set a task for myself each day even if it's just an hour a day. Coz I feel if I can get through an hour I can start to get through the whole day without thinking too much about what I went through and how scared I was. I still feel guilty but guess that's going to take time as it is part of the grieving process. I have decided that I'm going to speak to someone to help me get through this difficult time.
I hope it works out for for. If you want to talk or just sound off I'm here
Take care and stay kind to yourself

Claire
Xx