By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

A double ectopic pregnancy

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Lovelytam

A double ectopic pregnancy

Post by Lovelytam »

Hi first time posting. Hoping to get some advice or answers to my situation.
on the 9th January, i had an emergency surgery called a laproscopy which meant I had an ectopic pregnancy and they removed my left tube. The drs said my right tube is healthy, my ovaries was fine and nothing more to worry about. I was recovering at home weeks later. I had no partner and no intercourse with anybody.

And now, on the 16th February I was rushed into hospital with severe pain, heavy bleeding and found out that i was having another ectopic pregnancy in my right tube and will need an emergency operation to remove it. They removed my right tube along with the ectopic, I lost two litres of blood and had to have a blood transfusion.

I am confused how this could happen? Has anybody ever been through something like this or heard of a story like this.

I am only 25 years old, they have taken both of my fallopian tubes so I will never be able to kids naturally again. My question is, is it possible to have another ectopic pregnancy 6 weeks later without no sexual intercourse? Or its possible the doctors missed something the first time?

Jlea91

Re: A double ectopic pregnancy

Post by Jlea91 »

I’m so sorry to hear of your loss. I have never heard of a double ectopic! What did your doctors say after your surgery? It is possible although very unlikely they have removed the wrong Fallopian tube. I would be very inclined to ask for my medical documents to establish how this happened. Take care xx

Justjen

Post by Justjen »

Hi Lovelytam,

I didn't want to read and run.

So sorry you're going through this. Sending massive hugs. To get answers, i would also make a request under the General Data Protection Act 2018 to access your personal records.

Really hope you get the answers. Sorry i couldn't be of that much help but just know this board has an amazing group of women that will listen and give you support. I've had a lot of support from here since my loss with our first pregnancy.

Take care.
Xx

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Lovelytam,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancies and losses.
Sadly I am not medically trained so cannot give you specific advice on your query, however it does sound as though you may have had a bilateral ectopic pregnancy. Bilateral tubal ectopic pregnancy is rare and may occur in 1 per 200,000 pregnancies. As they are so rare, we have little information on them.
If you are sure you have not had intercourse and have concerns about your care or feel something may have been missed, I would advise talking to the Patient Advice Liaison Service (PALS) at the hospital you were treated at. They can review your medical notes and you can ask questions such as was a detailed examination of your right tube carried out the first time in January, to ensure nothing was missed.
I am so sorry you have had to go through this, my heart truly goes out to you and we will be here for you for as long as you need.

Sending much love and warm hugs,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Beautiful-Butterfly1

Post by Beautiful-Butterfly1 »

Hi, im so sorry to read this, i Struggle with what to say sometimes, i had a twin ectopic pregnancy, one angel in my tube n one in my womb, but b cos, when sent for my emergency scan they saw a baby in my womb they didnt check my tubes. My tube ruptured n to cut a very long story short, they found 2 1/2litres of blood in my abdomen.. couple days later they scanned me again, and i had lost the other, to all the trauma. This was 16years ago, i never talked to anyone about this, i felt left to get on with it.
My heart goes out to you, im sorry i dont have the answer to your question, i just didnt want to walk by

Lovelytam

Post by Lovelytam »

Thank you for your kind words. I'm still struggling to deal with it and I think I may need counselling.

I was thinking about getting PALS involved but I still don't want to believe this has happened to me.