By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Anyone had methotrexate? When did you feel it "kick in?"

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Kitty2016

Re: Anyone had methotrexate? When did you feel it "kick in?"

Post by Kitty2016 »

heartlick wrote:Hi Kitty,

I'm so sorry to hear you had to be readmitted. I can relate to the shock and anxiety of the treatment not working properly, and I so wish this wasn't the case for you. Know you will get through this in the end. Even though it feels impossible to imagine right now, you will get there - you have to be so strong now, and it's so hard, but you will. Also know that you have lots of support here for your recovery every step of the way. I know the feeling of helplessness can be just so overwhelming sometimes, and I believe the Trust even has a hotline that you can call if you want to speak with someone who can listen right away. Sending you lots of hugs.
Hi heartlick

Ended up having surgery last Friday. So little time to process so many things. Feeling sore which is a constant reminder of what's gone on. I don't know if I'm coming or going. I feel so numb and confused :cry: :cry: :cry:

Moore2be

Post by Moore2be »

I am now 11 weeks post MTX shot. First couple days was tired and some discomfort-not as bad as I thought; however about 4 weeks after MTX shot had extreme pain and vomiting- thought It was weird that far after but figured was normal... called my doctor Monday (of course happened over the weekend) and she said come in for ultrasound... found a 4cm hematoma blood clot -she put me on bed rest for a week and now 8 weeks later from that it is 7cm and can not figure out why this is happening and still there. I was told when they found the clot that is was a possibility as tissue dissolved from the MTX shot caused a leak in my Fallopian tube and luckily it clotted but it was supposed to dissolve on its own... pay close attention to changes and if feel super sick call doctor or go to ER. No one I know has ever been through and Ectopic pregnancy nor do the doctors really explain (or if they do it is jiberis and overwhelming)....not trying to overwhelm you or scare you but I was told what I am going through is extremely rare but feel alone and wish I knew what to expect or watch for along the way and what I have been going through was definitely not on what I researched or was told by the doctor

Kitty2016

Post by Kitty2016 »

Moore2be wrote:I am now 11 weeks post MTX shot. First couple days was tired and some discomfort-not as bad as I thought; however about 4 weeks after MTX shot had extreme pain and vomiting- thought It was weird that far after but figured was normal... called my doctor Monday (of course happened over the weekend) and she said come in for ultrasound... found a 4cm hematoma blood clot -she put me on bed rest for a week and now 8 weeks later from that it is 7cm and can not figure out why this is happening and still there. I was told when they found the clot that is was a possibility as tissue dissolved from the MTX shot caused a leak in my Fallopian tube and luckily it clotted but it was supposed to dissolve on its own... pay close attention to changes and if feel super sick call doctor or go to ER. No one I know has ever been through and Ectopic pregnancy nor do the doctors really explain (or if they do it is jiberis and overwhelming)....not trying to overwhelm you or scare you but I was told what I am going through is extremely rare but feel alone and wish I knew what to expect or watch for along the way and what I have been going through was definitely not on what I researched or was told by the doctor
Gosh, sorry to hear what you're going through. You must be so worried. Have they offered you any anticoagulant drugs to thin the clot? I hope you get it sorted soon xx