By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

My body and symptoms a year later

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Whirls22

My body and symptoms a year later

Post by Whirls22 »

Hello, I hope you are all well.

This is my first time ever asking questions on a forum, I hope I don’t sound silly.

I had my Ectopic Pregnancy in April 2018 and I feel that my body has taken some time adjusting, my cycles are ok however, I feel everything these days, ovulation and so on. I have heard this is quite normal.
Further more than that, from ovulation through to my new cycle beginning I feel extremely bloated, nauseous. I keep thinking it will get better over time but it’s a year on now and I feel more nauseous today then before, to the point that eating porridge this morning was a struggle.

I guess I am wondering if this is normal? I feel that I have dealt with my EP emotionally as best as I ever will. Is this just how my body is now or is it psychological?

Any information online seems to be around the early stages of an EP, so I guess I was hoping someone here may have a similar experience or any advice?

If you got this far, thank you for reading and I hope to hear from you.

Best Wishes

Kate xo

EctopicPUL

Re: My body and symptoms a year later

Post by EctopicPUL »

Following this thread for tips. 3 months post discharge and my body still has weird cramps and twinges on the left side!

EPT Host 20

Re: My body and symptoms a year later

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Kate,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
Experiencing some pain after an ectopic pregnancy is normal. The pain may be due to adhesions (scar tissue that binds two parts of the body together) which form and take some time to settle. Your body may be preparing to ovulate and many women experience ovulation pain when they did not before their ectopic pregnancy - including myself. You also may have a heightened perception because of the sad loss that you have had to go through. You mention that you also feel bloated and nauseous also and whilst this maybe normal symptoms of ovulation, I am not medically trained and the symptoms are ongoing, so I would recommend speaking to your GP.
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team