By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Levels got down to 56 then increased again

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
dwinky95

Levels got down to 56 then increased again

Post by dwinky95 »

Okay, my mind is now all over the place again :roll:

I had methotrexate on the 12th February. After my 4 day blood test my levels rose to 908 but then have been quickly dropping ever since. They got all the way down to 56 within 3 weeks.

I've seen the same nurse every week so they were hoping my levels would get down below 25 so they could discharge me. But turns out they've now risen slightly from 56 to 64. Now I know it's not much but it has worried me a little :( we are leaving it until next week to see if it was just a blip and it goes back down again.

Im really hoping it was just a blip, as I don't want another shot of methotrexate as it wiped me out for a week - I had absolutely no energy to do anything. I really don't want to go through all that again as I can't afford to be off work again.

Ita so frustrating as I was so close to being diacharged and up until now my levels have over halved every week. Has anyone else had this experience?

EctopicPUL

Re: Levels got down to 56 then increased again

Post by EctopicPUL »

I didn’t have Methotrexate but expectant management - so they watched and waited. My hcg at times would go up by 60 or 90 but overall it went down over the period and these were just blips.

As long as the overall trend is going down, try not to worry. Make sure you have no prenatal vitamins. I know how hard it is to hear it’s gone up but all is not lost - trust me xX

dwinky95

Post by dwinky95 »

Thank you. That makes me feel a bit better. Was just so frustrating as my bleeding had practically stopped too, was just getting what was like spotting. Then the day of the blood test it got really bad again, which I thought was just my luck, then obviously the results just added to it. I just want it all to be over with now xx

EctopicPUL

Post by EctopicPUL »

I know how disheartening. I burst into tears with the poor nurse when after a weekend of heavy bleeding I’d dropped 90 and thought I’d ‘cracked it’, went back in and it had gone up 65. Couldn’t believe it!!!! After 3 weeks 48monitoring id only dropped 100 overall but in that time had been 365 to 290 to 345 etc etc was like a nightmare. I’d convince myself that this time it’ll be down and I’d make plans like coffee with a friend for after thinking oh we will celebrate and then it’s go up.

Honestly you WILL get there. They say green tea blocks folic acid and raspberry leaf tea is good uterine tonic. Both of these made me feel even if just in my head that I was DOING something, and it probably helped not to have my usual anxiety provoking caffiene filled coffees.

Try not to panic too much tho it’s common for it to go up a bit. I didn’t have forewarning so I always hoped that now I’d get my nice 55% drops expected in my treatment. I hope it’s just a blip for you X

Domdom123

Post by Domdom123 »

Yes i had the same with my first ectopic although i wasnt treated with medication. My hcg levels were 42-85-108-60-12 they were going down and up sometimes but with such a small numbers theres nothing to worry xx im having another ectopic now with slightly higher numbers 514-591 going for another draw this friday