By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Ectopic after a long battle

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Aunt6y

Ectopic after a long battle

Post by Aunt6y »

Hi
My daughter is 30 and has experienced an unusual ectopic pregnancy and is in hospital and just has her first dose of Methotrexaite. What side effects can she expect?

She is single and has no children, 2 years ago she developed an ovarian cyst and eventually had to have it surgically removed. The histology on mass came back and a seromucinus rare borderline tumor. Found. She then had a partial hysterectomy and the left ovary and tube removed. She had just recovered from 2 surgeries when she developed a 3cm cyst on remaining ovary. They removed the cyst via laparoscopy.

Six months later now she discovered she is pregnant, missed period about a week overdue and her gynecologist/ oncologist done vaginal scan and sac can be seen but she was not happy with position, they done blood counts and had two senior radiologists do sonar.
The fertilized egg left the Fallopian tube on the right and moved all the way over to the left side where she had tube and ovary removed and has embedded outside of the womb .

She is so devastated and at the moment the first Methotrexaite injection is causing cramping and very runny stool, what else can she expect Ps her blood count was 8000 very high but they are trying to save fertility from her history

EctopicPUL

Re: Ectopic after a long battle

Post by EctopicPUL »

Sorry she’s going through such a rough time

EPT Host 20

Re: Ectopic after a long battle

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Aunt6y,
I am so sorry to hear of your daughter's ectopic pregnancy and loss. My heart goes out to you both after such a difficult time.
Side effects of methotrexate include abdominal pain and bleeding but as these can also be signs of rupture, I would asks that she monitors her side effects closely and contacts her local EPU or A&E with any worsening symptoms.
We have further information on side effects of methotrexate here,
https://www.ectopic.org.uk/patients/treatment/
On a personal level, I was surprised by how exhausted I felt following the injection.

As a gentle reminder, she should not do any heavy lifting, exercise or housework until her hCG levels are around 100 or lower.

We are here for you both, for as long as you need.
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team